4X Humankind releases 2021-08-17

Page 2 - Love gaming? Join the PC Gamer community to share that passion with gamers all around the world!
Status
Not open for further replies.
going crazy with early cities is how you win the game
Ah, maybe you're not aware of Patch 3.14's change? The default undamaging setting for early cities was changed from Crazy to Nuts. So go nuts ok, but crazy'll kill ya.

On the other hand I like an opponent who's inclined to plop down a bunch of early cities. Makes for interesting choices re which ones I'm gonna grab—se can't have many early cities and also good early military!

Reactions: Pifanjr
Ah, maybe you're not aware of Patch 3.14's change? The default undamaging setting for early cities was changed from Crazy to Nuts. So go nuts ok, but crazy'll kill ya.

On the other hand I like an opponent who's inclined to plop down a bunch of early cities. Makes for interesting choices re which ones I'm gonna grab—se can't have many early cities and also good early military!

I had the DVD of Civ 4 from near the release, I dont think I patched it once back then unless there was an autopatcher. Its so long idea I have no idea.

Anyway that's why I don't play Civ with humans, you're all too tricksy !

I was going to write a comparison between Humankind and Civilization, but all I got so far is that Humankind crashed every 5 minutes or so. I think the problem is that I'm playing it on Game Pass. A lot of games have serious issues on that service.

I've heard some rumblings about Gamepass games not installing properly or refusing to uninstall without some wrangling. But not heard about unusual amounts of crashing or bugs once installed. Purely subjectively I haven't had any problems I recall, playing about (checks GOG Galaxy)150 hours there over 20 games.

Not saying there's not something, just surprised to hear. I do only play single player games so maybe that's something to do with it.

Hope you find a fix, I'm interested to hear your thoughts.

I've heard some rumblings about Gamepass games not installing properly or refusing to uninstall without some wrangling. But not heard about unusual amounts of crashing or bugs once installed. Purely subjectively I haven't had any problems I recall, playing about (checks GOG Galaxy)150 hours there over 20 games.

Not saying there's not something, just surprised to hear. I do only play single player games so maybe that's something to do with it.

Hope you find a fix, I'm interested to hear your thoughts.

I don't have nearly as many problems in singleplayer as I have in multiplayer, but I've had a few. Wasteland 3 had no sound and The Ascent was messed up and crashing the first couple of days it was out, but was fixed pretty quickly.

I don't have nearly as many problems in singleplayer as I have in multiplayer, but I've had a few. Wasteland 3 had no sound and The Ascent was messed up and crashing the first couple of days it was out, but was fixed pretty quickly.
Ahh, I do remember some talk about The Ascent the other week. I wonder if sometimes they use a slightly older build as it takes longer for MS to certify it than Steam/Epic? Anyway sucks that happens.

I was going to write a comparison between Humankind and Civilization, but all I got so far is that Humankind crashed every 5 minutes or so. I think the problem is that I'm playing it on Game Pass. A lot of games have serious issues on that service.

Is that mostly with new releases or with all games?

It doesn't seem uncommon nowadays for games to need one or more weeks of patches before being playable.

Is that mostly with new releases or with all games?

It doesn't seem uncommon nowadays for games to need one or more weeks of patches before being playable.

For multiplayer it's a forever problem for some games. I'm not sure about the singleplayer. Most of the singleplayer games/modes that I've tried work just fine, but on occasion they'll have problems that the Steam version doesn't have. On singleplayer I tend to play them in the first week, and if they don't work I don't often go back to them. I'm sure some or most singleplayer issues eventually get fixed. I don't generally think that singleplayer is that big of a problem on Game Pass. Multiplayer is another story altogether.

I can't wait for it
Then don't, it released 3 weeks ago.

Let us know how you like it here:

I can't wait for it
At the risk of repeating myself—then don't, it released over 3 weeks ago.

Let us know how you like it here:

Since this thread's main event is long over, and it's only attracting trash replies for the past two weeks—all deleted—I'm closing it.

Players of the game, please share here:

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS