340,000 viewers on M&B II launch stream

Jan 13, 2020
Visit site
At 3am PST, a bleary-eyed Lewis and myself waited patiently for the BUY button to appear on Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord's Steam Store page. At the stroke of three, a live-stream launched and we watched the viewer counter. 100k viewers, 140k viewer-- after about 5 minutes the buy button appeared, but the Steam Store was completely borked. At some point there were 340,000 live viewers. Accounting for the fact that the more reasonable Americans were sound asleep, that's so many people buying Bannerlord at the same time.

It took about 40 minutes before Lewis and myself were able to buy the game and start the download. I'm seconds away from booting it up for the first time, after 10 years of waiting, but I just wanted to post this and say that I hope they sold a million copies overnight-- I already know this game is going to be awesome. Can't wait to hear the early sales figures!

OsaX Nymloth

Community Contributor
I didn't get Doom Eternal yet because I can't justify spending so much on a game right now. But looking at how well the Early Access version of Bannerlord is received and how fun it looks.... man, I am tempted. So very much tempted.

OsaX Nymloth

Community Contributor
It ain't done yet! Not even close! Why buy a not-done game when there's hundreds of finished games out there?
Valid point for sure, my backlog isn't getting much smaller even these days. But.... it's Mount & Blade 2. Waited years for this. And it seems that this EA is quite "complete" in comparison to many other EA titles.

Still managing to not buy it, gotta finish the 20 damn games I have installed right now.

Reactions: Sarafan and Zloth

TRENDING THREADS