Question 32 GB RAM

Jul 4, 2022
Visit site
Dear community.
My PC right now has 8 gb ram. I would like to upgrade my pc to 32 gb ram. I have read that one's ram must be compatible with the motherboard.
My question is here: how do I find out which brand of ram I should buy and whether it is compatible with my motherboard?
Are there different qualities in ram or can I buy any that are compatible with my motherboard?

I have looked at the following product: https://www.proshop.dk/RAM/Kingston-FURY-Beast-DDR4-3200-C16-SC-32GB/2978824

Here are my pc specs:
Sk-rmbillede-2022-07-04-165807.png

Jul 4, 2022
Visit site
Welcome to the forums newcomer!

You might want to download and install CPU-Z and then use the Mainboard tab to tell you the make and model as well as the BIOS version for your motherboard. We can move forward from there with ram(kit) suggestions.

Thank you for the help. I have installed CPU-Z and here is the a picture with the information.

Sk-rmbillede-2022-07-04-191250.png

Reactions: Brian Boru
Welcome!

What you could do is look for a 2x16GB DDR4-2666MHz dual channel ram kit or a 4x8GB DDR4-2666MHz ram kit, though the former should cost you less and would be much easier to find than the latter.

Where are you located, what is your budget for your ram upgrade and what is your preferred site for purchase?

Last edited:
Welcome!

You could look into these;

but what stood out from that list are these:
of those last 3, shortlisted, I found the Kingston memory kit to be interesting, very tight timings but at the cost of a slightly higher voltage.

If you want to be on the budget, you can work with either of the Mushkin kit's. If you don't want RGB, the black Mushkin kit is a good candidate.

In your current state, make sure you've updated the BIOS for your motherboard, prior to dropping in your ram kit. Helps make sure your system is prepped for your ram upgrade and any compatibility issues are removed.

Jul 4, 2022
Visit site
Welcome!

You could look into these;

but what stood out from that list are these:
of those last 3, shortlisted, I found the Kingston memory kit to be interesting, very tight timings but at the cost of a slightly higher voltage.

If you want to be on the budget, you can work with either of the Mushkin kit's. If you don't want RGB, the black Mushkin kit is a good candidate.

In your current state, make sure you've updated the BIOS for your motherboard, prior to dropping in your ram kit. Helps make sure your system is prepped for your ram upgrade and any compatibility issues are removed.
Thank you for the help. Appreciate it alot!

Welcome!

How about you provide a follow up to this thread with pics of your system after your new ram purchase...? Also, I must state, the reason I was interested in the Kingston kit was due to tight timings offering better FPS with games. So it's a worthwhile investment on your current platform. The Mushkin's aren't deal breakers just cheaper ram kits when compared to other brands offering the same ram, with the same latency.

Jul 4, 2022
Visit site
Don't thank me yet ;) though you're welcome!

I finally got it home and have installed the now RAM.
Sk-rmbillede-2022-07-08-133311.png

I have a question. On the CPU-Z picture we can see that the uncore frequency is around 3600 MHz.

When i open Joblist i can see that my speed is 2667. Do I have to change something here, or is it right installed now?

Sk-rmbillede-2022-07-08-133344.png

What matters is the DRAM frequency shown in CPU-Z(1333MHz x2) and Hastighed(whatever that means, Danish for frequency?) which is 2667MHz which is the ram kit you got. No, you don't need to change anything in BIOS. Though, did you make sure your BIOS is up to date?

uncore frequency
That's the memory controller, it'll do what it needs to do.

Jul 4, 2022
Visit site
Oh shoot. I didn't have any USB to get the bios updated. I got one USB coming later, that's why im waiting for some time later today :(

Does it make a big difference?

Sigh.

^ alongside the last sentence mentioned in that post, you get kinks and/or instability issues ironed out. That is hand in hand with performance. An unstable system wouldn't perform well, now would it? You could leave it be if you're not seeing any issue on your platform as is and when taxed.

^ the chipset won't go past 2666MHz

Dec 15, 2019
Visit site
I'm kinda surprised no-one queried why 32gb and not 16gb - if they're asking questions about frequency settings/XMP and don't know about motherboard compatibility, they might have just assumed 32gb>16gb regardless of any mixed modules or what they're using the PC for.

TRENDING THREADS