May 2024 General Game Discussions

Page 6 - Love gaming? Join the PC Gamer community to share that passion with gamers all around the world!
Been playing Cat Quest 2 with the kid 2 player co-op. Bear with me here :p If you have a younger kid (mines almost 6) who can use a controller alright its a fun time. A polished game that controls well with decent feeling action combat. Cutesy, kind of 3/4 top down view in the style of a Toe Jam and Earl or Deathspank with some light RPG elements in the gear and skills. Really well balanced for the kid, so we'll be playing it for however long it takes, and probably some more than that until I find the next one in the current Goldilocks zone.

Still going at Control, also dipping into Homeworld: Remastered. Homeworld scrubs up nicely in 2024 and doesnt feel old at all, apart from the default camera controls being on arrow keys rather than wasd, which takes a bit of getting used to.

Ever hear of heaven-banning? It's the idea that instead of shadow-banning a user, which frustrates them because they can tell they aren't getting any interaction, you put them in a fake instance surrounded by bots that only they can see and who praise their contributions endlessly, thus keeping the user happy and away from the rest of the population.

Like this post if you're a bot who wants to prove that I am being heaven-banned right now.
It would be more fun if they put you in a forum with a bunch of AIs that were like Copilot when it first launched--obnoxious and angry. I had endless fun with that, but it only lasted for a few days before they patched it out.

Dec 28, 2022
Visit site
There is a small question for forum users about consoles gaming. To be more precise, about the best way to buy games for them. Meaning is it better to buy games on the sites of the console manufacturers themselves? Like xbox and playstation. Or other sites? I've got my eye on difmark, I'm thinking about taking a chance. Or is it better to take a gamepass and do not worry about this topic?

Zloth

Community Contributor
Hmmm, there's a little stage set up here in the mountains. Looks like there was quite a party here - and a couple of guys are standing over there. Let me grab some of this raw meet that has probably only been sitting out in the sun for a few days, a water bottle, an energy drink, a

POOF!!!

It's night. My character is gone, as are the two guys. Two other older guys are on stage, one playing the guitar and one singing about how great drugs are. The guitar is great, the lyrics suck. Then the song ends.

POOF!!

I'm back. The two guys begin talking about how great concert was. I'm wondering how they even managed to get here whats with all the monsters hanging around on the path to get to this place.

I'm still having a good time, though. It's fun to explore an area when most of the monsters can kill you easily!

Hmmm, there's a little stage set up here in the mountains. Looks like there was quite a party here - and a couple of guys are standing over there. Let me grab some of this raw meet that has probably only been sitting out in the sun for a few days, a water bottle, an energy drink, a

POOF!!!

It's night. My character is gone, as are the two guys. Two other older guys are on stage, one playing the guitar and one singing about how great drugs are. The guitar is great, the lyrics suck. Then the song ends.

POOF!!

I'm back. The two guys begin talking about how great concert was. I'm wondering how they even managed to get here whats with all the monsters hanging around on the path to get to this place.

I'm still having a good time, though. It's fun to explore an area when most of the monsters can kill you easily!
Maybe they felt like you needed a break (or a musical treat) after fighting all those monsters on the way there.

Reactions: Zloth
There is a small question for forum users about consoles gaming. To be more precise, about the best way to buy games for them. Meaning is it better to buy games on the sites of the console manufacturers themselves? Like xbox and playstation. Or other sites? I've got my eye on difmark, I'm thinking about taking a chance. Or is it better to take a gamepass and do not worry about this topic?
Not sure how many of us own consoles around here, Ive only got a Switch and buy all the games for it on Nintendo store.

Sounds similar—I'm not familiar with the term 'shadow-banning'. On the vB forum it was called 'Tachy goes to Coventry' :)
Shadow-banning is when you think you're submitting your posts and they show up to you when you log in, but no one else can ever see them so you get no interaction. I'm under a permanent shadow-ban on the main PCG comments section, for example.

Heaven-banning takes that but adds AI bots to like and praise your unviewable comments so you don't realise it and don't kick off or go to a competitor.

Been playing Cat Quest 2 with the kid 2 player co-op. Bear with me here :p If you have a younger kid (mines almost 6) who can use a controller alright its a fun time. A polished game that controls well with decent feeling action combat. Cutesy, kind of 3/4 top down view in the style of a Toe Jam and Earl or Deathspank with some light RPG elements in the gear and skills. Really well balanced for the kid, so we'll be playing it for however long it takes, and probably some more than that until I find the next one in the current Goldilocks zone.

Still going at Control, also dipping into Homeworld: Remastered. Homeworld scrubs up nicely in 2024 and doesnt feel old at all, apart from the default camera controls being on arrow keys rather than wasd, which takes a bit of getting used to.
On sale on GoG right now too.

Does it have more than 2 player coop? I think my kids might like it, but they would both want to play and after watching the video, I get the impression that they would need me to play with them for guidance.

Reactions: ZedClampet
On sale on GoG right now too.

Does it have more than 2 player coop? I think my kids might like it, but they would both want to play and after watching the video, I get the impression that they would need me to play with them for guidance.
Should have checked GOG, nvm.

I think its only 2 player local co-op unfortunately. Its pretty forgiving though, at least the first few hours.

This video revealed why I'm so bad at platformers:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6tJWDsZv6o

My jumps are always just short. That's because of "coyote time" where the developer assumes your reflexes are bad and extends each platform invisibly. If you jump late, you succeed. If you jump while you are still on the platform, you fail.

There are a number of interesting things in the video, including how running sometimes doesn't make you actually faster and rubberbanding, which makes some games pointless.

Also talks about how in some games you actually have around 40 percent of your health left when you go into the red. It's to make things more tense :)

Some of the secrets in Animal Well are just crazy. GL figuring them out yourself.
I think that's what they were going for. If you can a community talking about the game trying to figure things out it then you keep a core of people talking about it. It got a lot of buzz anyway because of the good reviews and being BigModes (Dunkeys) first published game anyway.

Game sounds alright, definitely has a great art style.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts