PS5 controllers on PC - your experience?

Dec 5, 2023
Visit site
I have been a dedicated Xbox controller user since the original 360 wired controller (still have it, still works too!). I currently have the Elite v2 for quite some time and I love it. I plug it in, i use a very simple software suite to customize and it just works in every game that allows you to use a controller... but MS... PLEASE PUT A GYRO IN IT! Over the years I feel like Sony has invested much more into controller development, but it seems like 75% of the Dualsense features don't even work with PC, and if they do - its in a very small subset of games or through the use of additional 3rd party emulation software, or I have to add every single game into my steam library and use the Steam controller configurator (again, an emulator). It just seems like such a bloated process.

So before I make the jump to a PS5 controller....how exactly is using a dualsense controller on PC these days? I know that DSX is doing some great things in this space; but again - it all just seems so cumbersome to make 3rd party software adjustments, the also have to make adjustments in game.

Reactions: Brian Boru
I have used a PS5 controller on PC since they dropped and they are better than xbox's imo.

First off, PS5 controllers have haptic feedback that works with games on PC, esp. sony games. Second, a full charge of a ps5 controller seems to last a lot longer than a charged battery in an xbox one, i also dont have to worry about having that with a ps5 since it charges through its usb c slot.

The middle surface responds well and helps making surfing the web from the couch easier.

I would use DS4 Tool as well, but it does have some hiccups to it, but its the best PS5 controller emulator out there bar none.

PS5 controllers also work well with steam. In steam you can activate controllers to be recognized by its input, whether its an xbox, playstation, 3rd party or nintendo. You can customize and select options like if you want the buttons to look like playstations and not xboxs. Just make sure the DS4 tool isnt reading your controller when your in game on steam or else it will act like 2 controllers are set up (if you turn on dual-sense controller emulation in steam)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts