Question Micro stutterings in all games

Apr 3, 2024
Visit site
Hello everyone. I've been playing on Msi Katana 17 B12V with rtx4060 and i5 12450h for about three months now and everything has been great. But not so long ago, micro stutters appeared absolutely spontaneously in all games. They appear approximately once every 10 minutes, in some games more often, in some games less often. I've been struggling with this problem for about a month now, but I still haven't found the cause of the problem. I even tried to completely reinstall windows 3 times, but nothing changed.

In games, the temps are good and frequencies do not drop during stuttering. On frametime graph it looks something like this - just the same drop in every game for a no reason. This can even happen in a "potato-based pc games", like League of Legends or Valorant. This is also observed, for example, in R6, in which there seems to be no reason why the game should stutter. Even my old laptop with a gtx1050 could easily run all of these games without the slightest lag.

Also, shortly before all of this started, I installed a new ssd into a free m2 slot, can this be a problem? But micro stutters appears in games that not even on the new disk.

Welcome to the forum :)

Does it also happen in single-player offline games?

Did you or Microsoft update your graphics driver around the time the problem started? If yes, change it—update if there's newer, roll back if not.

Can you think of anything new—hardware or software—added to your laptop at the time the problem started?

Apr 3, 2024
Visit site
Welcome to the forum :)

Does it also happen in single-player offline games?

Did you or Microsoft update your graphics driver around the time the problem started? If yes, change it—update if there's newer, roll back if not.

Can you think of anything new—hardware or software—added to your laptop at the time the problem started?
Yes, even in single-player games. I did a clean windows reinstall 3 times and then installed all the drivers through msi website, including the video card drivers.
Afterwards I immediately tested few games and the problem did not go away. I update my graphics card drivers through geforce experience and using the latest available version.
I don’t think that during this time anything unnecessary could have been installed.

Reactions: Brian Boru
Hello everyone. I've been playing on Msi Katana 17 B12V with rtx4060 and i5 12450h for about three months now and everything has been great. But not so long ago, micro stutters appeared absolutely spontaneously in all games. They appear approximately once every 10 minutes, in some games more often, in some games less often. I've been struggling with this problem for about a month now, but I still haven't found the cause of the problem. I even tried to completely reinstall windows 3 times, but nothing changed.

In games, the temps are good and frequencies do not drop during stuttering. On frametime graph it looks something like this - just the same drop in every game for a no reason. This can even happen in a "potato-based pc games", like League of Legends or Valorant. This is also observed, for example, in R6, in which there seems to be no reason why the game should stutter. Even my old laptop with a gtx1050 could easily run all of these games without the slightest lag.

Also, shortly before all of this started, I installed a new ssd into a free m2 slot, can this be a problem? But micro stutters appears in games that not even on the new disk.
First of all, make sure you are always plugged in while playing games. If not, the PC won't give full power to the CPU. This can be changed in the Advanced Power options. While you're there, check all your power options. Your PC could be going into a power save mode of some type. It shouldn't be changing your mode if you are in a game, but you never know.

You say that you added a new SSD and that at least some of the games are on the old drive. How much free space is available on that old drive? If it's nearly full that can cause problems, as the games will be trying to write temporary files there.

Another thing that could be causing this is a program running in the background that suddenly kicks in. Try turning off everything that isn't needed to run the game.

• Love
Reactions: Brian Boru

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts