I am having an aiming problem

Feb 22, 2024
Visit site
im having aiming problm .
i do well during practice/with friends but as soon as play real game i mess up half my shots . I KEEP PANICKING
the games i love to play are valorant/csgo/rust so you already know my AIM have to be prefect
any advice ??

I used to have that problem. Unfortunately the only way I could fix it was to keep doing it and learn to stop panicking. I used to worry about what my team mates would think if I bottled it or my anxiety would kick in if I was the last member of my team alive. I think after playing for years I just realised I was over-thinking everything and most of the things I was worried about either never happened or weren't important to me.

Is it possible to play on a team with friends who will allow you to get good / used to it?

Sorry, that's all I have. I don't know if anyone else has any better suggestions.

keep doing it and learn to stop panicking

Same. I don't play multi but it's the same in SP, so I recommend getting yourself some SP shooters where you can practice to your heart's content without anyone shouting at you—except yourself, of course! :D

Set your firing mode to single shot, and force yourself to take the extra fraction of a second to get a headshot—you save ammo, kill the enemy quicker, and take less damage.

after playing for years I just realised I was over-thinking everything

Yep, that's the place to get to. Focus on your own process and contributions, don't worry about everyone else. Decent teammates will be helpful, toxic ones will be themselves—not much you can do about either.

Reactions: Frindis and Alm
Feb 22, 2024
Visit site
I used to have that problem. Unfortunately the only way I could fix it was to keep doing it and learn to stop panicking. I used to worry about what my team mates would think if I bottled it or my anxiety would kick in if I was the last member of my team alive. I think after playing for years I just realised I was over-thinking everything and most of the things I was worried about either never happened or weren't important to me.

Is it possible to play on a team with friends who will allow you to get good / used to it?

Sorry, that's all I have. I don't know if anyone else has any better suggestions.
i got funny gaming friends and serious gmaeing friends if you know what i meen
i love playing with the serious group but they can be toxic sometimes and want certain level of SKILL

Yeah I know what you mean. All I can suggest is to play casual online matches on your own and try not to care too much about losing. It took me a while to get good that way as I kept over thinking things and my initial reaction was to panic. I think if you're good in practise you just got to keep reminding yourself that you have enough skill. I played a lot of CSGO, and the community is often toxic. I haven't played any Valorant. I think if you keep at it you'd get good and stop panicking. But it sucks, I know. Most people are toxic because they have a problem, nothing to do with you.

Reactions: Brian Boru
Reactions: Frindis and Alm
Mar 6, 2024
Visit site
im having aiming problm .
i do well during practice/with friends but as soon as play real game i mess up half my shots . I KEEP PANICKING
the games i love to play are valorant/csgo/rust so you already know my AIM have to be prefect
any advice ??
I totally get where you're coming from. It's frustrating when you nail it in practice or with friends, but when it comes to the real deal, those shots just don't land the same way. It's like the pressure just hits differently, right?

First off, it's important to remind yourself that you're not alone in this. We've all been there, feeling the heat of the moment. But guess what? That doesn't define your skills or potential.

One thing that might help is shifting your mindset a bit. Instead of seeing those missed shots as failures, try reframing them as opportunities to learn and grow. Every missed shot is a chance to adjust, adapt, and come back stronger.

And hey, don't forget to breathe. Seriously, taking a moment to focus on your breath can do wonders for calming those nerves. Trust me, it's like hitting the reset button for your mind.

Lastly, be patient with yourself. Rome wasn't built in a day, and neither is perfect aim. Keep putting in the work, stay positive, and I have no doubt you'll start seeing improvements.

You got this!

TRENDING THREADS