PCG Article XCOM 2 art director's new studio aims to spark 'a golden age of turn-based games'

"...rich storytelling, immersive presentation and rock solid game mechanics to give this genre its rightful time to shine—a golden age of turn-based games is upon us."

It's pretty bold to declare that you are ushering in a golden age before you've even announced your game. Except new game studios do this sort of thing all the time. They are always "revolutionizing the genre" with things "never seen before". He also says there are many ways to tell a story other than just with a wall of text, so expect some interpretive dancing or something. Maybe a mime. I'd definitely consider that groundbreaking. Don't usually get that in games.

What was I posting about again? This is what 2 hours of sleep gets you.

Anyway, I'm all about getting some new turn-based games, so even with all the studio launch BS, I'm looking forward to see what they come up with.

Zloth

Community Contributor
It's pretty bold to declare that you are ushering in a golden age before you've even announced your game.
It's not so bold if there's already a golden age going on. ;)

Turn based was getting pretty rare pre-XCOM. Some 4X games had it but, if I remember right, RPGs were becoming more and more action based - or at least real-time-with-pause.

TRENDING THREADS