Wor L dle—Geography version of Wordle

Page 12 - Love gaming? Join the PC Gamer community to share that passion with gamers all around the world!
Oh not all, of course. But a good few, yeah. We've had 80 so far, so we're all under 50% strike rate.
I don't know; that's pretty tough, I think. With no context, you can't even tell if it's an island or not, unless it's a cluster of islands. Since I've learned where all the countries are, it's definitely easier for me to narrow it down a lot more quickly, though.

#Worldle #118 3/6 (100%)
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟨⬅️
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟨↖️
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩🎉

Reactions: Brian Boru
#Worldle #118 1/6 (100%)
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩🎉

you can't even tell if it's an island or not
I can tell ~3/4 times. The indentations on an island—or a coastline of any sort—are usually more ragged and random than a land border. Certainly Sykes-Picot didn't draw them!

easier for me to narrow it down a lot more quickly
Right, that's how I usually get the ones I don't recognize, the direction & distance make that feasible.

But in general, it's a bennie of being an old dude who's always been looking up places, and of course following world events for a lifetime means a lot of maps too :)

#Worldle #120 4/6 (100%)
🟩🟩🟨⬛⬛➡️
🟩🟩🟩🟩⬛⬇️
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟨⬇️
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩🎉

Hah, little scamp—didn't even know it had changed name! But thankfully fairly similar to the old one.

@WoodenSaucer that's an example of the distances and directions getting me home, I didn't have a clue what the place looked like :)

Hah, little scamp—didn't even know it had changed name! But thankfully fairly similar to the old one.

@WoodenSaucer that's an example of the distances and directions getting me home, I didn't have a clue what the place looked like :)
I didn't guess it on the first try, but your hint kind of gave it away. Based on the directions, distance, shape of the country, and your hint, I knew what it was on the 2nd try. And there are some similarities to the old name, but it's quite a bit different. :)

#Worldle #120 2/6 (100%)
🟩🟩🟨⬜⬜↙️
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩🎉

#Worldle #123 3/6 (100%)
🟩🟨⬜⬜⬜⬅️
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟨⬇️
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩🎉

I've made a couple of observations about this game.

1) It's not just nations. They also have some territories thrown in there, which threw me off.

2) I'm kind of late to this game, and I figured out you can use the Wayback Machine to load up snapshots and play all of the past ones you missed.

3) Brian is somehow cheating. No way anyone can get as many 1's as he does. :D

• Haha
Brian is somehow cheating. No way anyone can get as many 1's as he does
What about the other guy who was a clear leader, and would be well ahead of me if he kept playing every day? And the 3rd guy who's over half our totals?

OLC Members
Brian Boru x 39
COLGeek x 36
FreezerBurn x 20
Kaamos
Pifanjr x 8
ZedClampet x 4

You want 2 1/2 of us on your case, huh huh?

• Haha
Reactions: WoodenSaucer
#Worldle #124 4/6 (100%)
🟩🟩🟩🟨⬜↙
🟩🟩🟩🟩⬜↙
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟨➡
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩🎉

Look everyone, he's cheating! Just copied mine, look 👀 look 👀

#Worldle #124 4/6 (100%)
🟩🟩🟩🟨⬛⬅
🟩🟩🟩🟩⬛⬅
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟨➡