Question Witcher 3 next generation tie in to Netflix mini series?

Nov 1, 2022
Visit site
Do you think the next generation version of Witcher 3: The Wild Hunt will be released next to the Witcher mini series The Witcher: Blood Origin in December? I think it would make sense because they only have 6 episodes and the Witcher season 3 isn’t until Summer 2023.

What do you think they will do? Keep the release date in 2022 or push it to 2023 to be around season 3?

Nov 1, 2022
Visit site
HI Zloth,

yeah they are doing a next gen version of the Witcher 3 this year. Better graphic, load times, and even adding some stuff from Netflix show ( like character models). Best of all if you have the game already it’s supposed to be a free update.

Reactions: Zloth

Sarafan

Community Contributor
Here are the differences between the standard and ray traced version:
View: https://youtu.be/_o59iS_4SHY
They’re clearly visible although not as spectacular as in CP2077 or Control. If you have a decent hardware, it’s now the best way to play The Witcher 3. Haven’t tried it yet myself, but it’s tempting for sure. I wonder how bad the fps will be on my RTX 2070 Super… :p

@Sarafan - That's an awesome comparison video for ray tracing, thanks! I'm currently downloading the update (45.2GB) and sitting around the 40-minute mark until it's completed. The differences in most of the scenes are amazing. I'm hopeful that I'll be able to run with ray tracing & mostly ultra-settings with an RTX 3080, but some players are apparently experiencing some technical issues as per this PCG article:
The Witcher 3's free next-gen update is out now, but some players report performance issues | PC Gamer

So many variables with PCs, as well as players reporting issues, I'll just have to wait a bit to find out for myself.

TRENDING THREADS