Who's the best side character in the Fallout TV show?

Lauren Morton

Staff member

Hey there PC gamers and welcome back to another week in the chat log!

This week Mollie and I talked with our Fallout-enjoyer senior editor Chris Livingston about the Fallout TV show that premiered on Amazon Prime last week. We've got lots of feelings on the pre-war timeline, all the main characters, and some of the lore implications of the show in this week's episode. But since I know there's already another thread for Fallout TV show discussion going, I wanted to ask a slightly more specific question over here in our weekly podcast post. If you have been watching:
  • Who is the best side character in the Fallout show?​

For my money, it's gotta be Thaddeus. He just radiates hapless quest giver energy with his constant injuries, totally groveling devotion to the Brotherhood, and that whiny demeanor that his actor really nailed. Mollie is a Dogmeat fan of course, because who isn't? And Chris really enjoyed Norm as the snooping sidequester later in the season. You could make an argument for plenty of other great characters though: those chilled out raiders guarding ghouls, perhaps. Or maybe you thought Knight Tidus' short appearance was note-perfect. Oh and what about Lucy's cousin? I've forgotten his name offhand but I think his actor nailed that character as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Frindis
One of my favorites is the snake oil salesman who gives Thaddeus some succulent mutant drug cocktail. Overall, he is very weird and makes a believable character that could have excited in such a harsh environment. Besides him, Walton Goggins played by Cooper Howards is the one that steals the show for me—superb acting and a believable character when it comes to using his moral compass. His synergy with Lucy MacLean is spot-on and makes for some hilarious moments. I also love his pistol shooting and that sweet grin he shows off just at the right moment.

Reactions: Brian Boru
Walton Goggins played by Cooper Howard

I dont think Mr. Goggins looks like a ghoul irl though lol.

With that, Walton Goggins character was great and the actor himself plays a very good 50s cowboy imo. I dont mean to be cliche and pick someone that so many others like as a favorite, but i also like the actor in a lot of other stuff, so it was great seeing him here nailing this role.

I honestly think all characters were nailed by their actors. Every one of them, even Fred Armisen and Michael Rappaport guest spots. Each character added a good Fallout vibe.

PCGMollie

Staff member
Aug 14, 2023
Visit site
One of my favorites is the snake oil salesman who gives Thaddeus some succulent mutant drug cocktail. Overall, he is very weird and makes a believable character that could have excited in such a harsh environment.
Yesss I really liked that dude too! I have a feeling it's not the last we've seen of him 👀

Also sidenote, I'm so gutted I was only three episodes in when we recorded this because I finished the rest of the show and I have So Many Thoughts!! Overall I really enjoyed it though, I am officially a Norm stan and Thaddeus is a close second for sure. Johnny Pemberton plays the whiny sidekick so dang well lol

(Also also I'm pretty sure I got my Vault numbers mixed up when I was talking about Norm's discoveries. I'm bad with numbers, don't come for me)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts