What was the first type of monitor you ever had?

Current Monitor Resolution? (Pick up to 3 for multi-monitor setups)

• 1080p/FHD

Votes: 5 27.8%
  • 1440p/QHD

Votes: 5 27.8%
  • Ultrawide

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 4K/UHD

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • Other (720p haha, 2560x1080p, etc.)

Votes: 9 50.0%

• Total voters

OsaX Nymloth

Community Contributor
Don't remember the brand at all, but it was a CRT screen that served for good few years before we changed it for something a bit better - it wasn't anywhere near "top" or even "middle ground" even then. Max resolution was probably 640x480 so 4:3 aspect ratio, but I am not exactly sure if it was max for the monitor or the PC config (it was bought second hand and I had no idea about how it all works back then)

At some point we got something better and bought different (used obviously) PC and 800x600 become standard before going into "glorious" 1024x768.

Reactions: Zoid

Zoid

Community Contributor
I'm currently gaming on a 1080p display that could desperately use an upgrade. But my first monitor? I don't even remember the brand. It would have been a pretty bargain basement CRT of some kind though.

May 2, 2020
Visit site
Definitely some kind of CRT hard to remember Pentium and IBM computer days running NT and 95. I recall when someone had LCD monitor larger then 17’ it was very posh!

Reactions: Zoid

MangoPop

BANNED
Apr 13, 2020
Visit site
HP Widescreen Trinitron CRT (aka Sony GDM-FW900)

Bought it used for cheap, lasted only 1 year but oh what a year it was!
Nothing (and I mean nothing) non-CRT today comes even close to the color saturation/blacks that CRT produced (except maybe ultra-high cost monitors?)

TRENDING THREADS