Question What is the game you are expecting the most?

One of these 2?

• Skull and Bones

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dying Light 2

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 19, 2020
Visit site
First of all, let me greet you. I am berroni, and in this topic, you will read about the best upcoming PC games, and about the most popular nowadays question - What are the best upcoming PC games of 2020?. I will do my best to stay simple and short, yet again. After all, it is just a topic and there is no need at all for a big talk. There is nothing else I can say to you in this introduction except these simple words: Sit back, relax & mark your calendar.

80% COMPLETED

As we all already know, this year will be and already is full of genre surprises and changes. From the slightest details of M&B II: Bannerlord changing the Two-Handed mode from a sword that is swung by two hands to two swords in the two hands, which did mark medieval genre from its release into the future - to the incredible Half-Life, let's say 3rd part which everyone expected and complained about until 2 years ago. What are your expectations from this new Half-Life? The first one brought us Counter-Strike which is played from that period to now no matter which release, is this Alyx one planning to fight the Riot's strike of Valorant(tf2 and csgo source code leak now? one more Valorant is coming or they just threated, I am currently awaiting the next big title to suspect it) to Valve through the VR feature? I am expecting much from Alyx indeed, Half-Life was genre-changing and who knows, this one could actually bring some interesting PC-changes when we watch from the VR point of the view, let's not say the genre. From the slightest to one of biggest mysteries, but don't forget that almost-forgotten Monster Hunter World's Iceborne DLC ate all other games improvements, and let's just say that Season 6 of PUBG has started(which indeed is the main event of most steam community members)
The closest releases are Gears Tactics and Moving Out, both releasing on April 28th. Which one are you currently waiting for?

MAY

May is not bringing much of the titles, but 3 big ones are coming indeed

Wasteland 3
The first one, coming out May 19th is the Wasteland 3. There is no Early-Access for this game on Steam, but pre-purchase is available for you not to worry later on if you miss the first day. The third release will follow its pre sequel Wasteland 2 which won the title of Game of the Year which put the post-apocalyptic genre one step above, where it always deserved to be. I am quite surprised with its studio inXile Entertainment which gave almost none information of its product, relying on its pre sequel - nothing for the ones who have not played it. That is quite a flaw in its promotion, but yet the story is quite interesting. It is based in post-apocalyptic ice-cold Colorado, which is a surprise for everyone, there will be a lot of dialogue that will frustrate you & make you regret your spent money. For fans of turn-based games it might be surprising, but personally - I will downvote it as a flaw of the year due to the studio's unprofessionalism in each promotional way.

Cancerous Trending
The second game you should not expect from the May is critical cancer that will overflow your youtube gaming trending scene. I will suggest you not to open it from the May 26th(not only PC, this time PS4, XBOX One & Switch too) to the May 26th of 2025.

Fast & Furious Crossroads
Michelle Rodriguez and Vin Diesel will once again, developed by Slightly Mad Studios(Project Cars) and published by Bandai Namco, blow your mind. The game promised what nobody could expect last year when it was announced, heists. It will roar its machine onto PC, PS4 & Xbox One, and it indeed will drop at the end of this May. The interesting fact is that the next movie Fast & Furious 9 hits the theatre the same month. I can +rep the one who gave idea of this release date, and I would when I would be the same level as him. It is a team-based vehicular-heist game, and If you want to play this game first watch the movie since you may ruin it by playing the game firstly. Let's not review it further, the important fact is that it's coming.

June
The sad fact is that in June we have no PC games coming out. There are Switch, PS4, Nintendo Switch & XBOX One games coming out. If you did not hear, and if you have enough money to travel from the USA to China - prepare your Nintendo Switch for a new hunt of pokemon.

July

At the month of July, date fourtheen, you can expect a new title called Death Stranding. The game did shock the PC community due to its high attention it granted to the Dazzling Visuals & Realistic Emotional Momentum. The game is developed by Kojima Productions(Hideo Kojima - Each Metal Gear Solid) and published by our very famous 505 Games which did fill our hearts with joy quite often. The game already has its pre-purchase option available on Steam Store & 13000 peoples have already brought it. This one bring you never before experienced genre-defying. It is your quest to brave a world utterly transformed by the Death Stranding. Use your courageousness and carry the remnants of the civilization's future in your own hand, embark on a journey to reconnect the dissipated world step by step.

September

Through the September there are 2 big titles coming out. The first one is Cyberpunk 2077, where is absolutely no need to talk about it since everything is already told.
Both games are coming out for PC, PS4, Xbox One and Stadia.
The second one, more interesting to me personally, is Marvel's Avengers, being published on September 4th. Yes, you have heard me well. It's a big step from this company, and in its game they are offering the world a chance of living as their favourite Avenger in the Marvel Universe. After the shock of their last released movies end, the shock appears in this game directly at the beginning. A terrifying event where they all fail, monster ultimately tears the team apart and see them losing one of their own. Guess who, lol. But, years later, they all are forced to reassemble since there is even a greater threat to civilization. They will do it, and it's your choice to guide them from now on.

TBC
To be confirmed

• The Elder Scrolls: Blades – (Switch :/)
  • Dying Light 2 – (PC, PS4 and Xbox One)
  • Destroy All Humans! Remake - (PC, PS4, Xbox One and Stadia)
  • Microsoft Flight Simulator – (PC, Xbox One) - I am waiting for this 32GB RAM ideal CPU-swarm
  • Skull and Bones – (PC, PS4 and Xbox One) - Everything Pirate fans have awaited for. The talk about it started 4 years ago.
  • Gods and Monsters – (PC, PS4, Xbox One, Switch and Stadia)

Let's answer the question now. Which game are you mostly awaiting for, and why?

Apr 19, 2020
Visit site
I am quite surprised that you guys are completely happy with this year's publishments that you don't expect and wait for anything else. I guess M&B II: Bannerlord filled your childhood. What do you think about the next, jungle PC game survival but realistic without zombies? Wouldn't it be a great story for Disney to finish our lives?

Elden Ring - Because of Hidetaka Miyazaki and R.R Martin. Not much else is known other then it is an open world with horseback riding and dungeons. (crossing fingers for 2020)
Microsoft Flight Simulator - Been years since I played my last Microsoft Flight Simulator and this one caught my interest as to how detailed it is. (crossing fingers for 2020)
Wasteland 3 - Not super excited, but it looks to be fine. The date for that release is 28.08 and not May as you wrote.
Minecraft Dungeon - Looks very interesting with their take on dungeon crawling and the freedom of building some crazy talent/magic/weapon combo. The latter might just be a hype thing, so we'll see on the 26th of May.
Torchlight 3 - Mainly because I love pets and how the fort building is looking. A couple of developers had a fort building contest last week and the freedom you have to make your own fort is pretty extensive.

There are games coming in June:
  • Command and Conquer remastered collection in 05.06
  • Warborn 12.06
  • Griftland 15.06 (Early Access implementation according to their roadmap)
  • Desperados III 16.06
@Hveðrungr they'd better do it!

Last edited:
Jul 26, 2020
Visit site
First of all, let me greet you. I am berroni, and in this topic, you will read about the best upcoming PC games, and about the most popular nowadays question - What are the best upcoming PC games of 2020?. I will do my best to stay simple and short, yet again. After all, it is just a topic and there is no need at all for a big talk. There is nothing else I can say to you in this introduction except these simple words: Sit back, relax & mark your calendar.

80% COMPLETED

As we all already know, this year will be and already is full of genre surprises and changes. From the slightest details of M&B II: Bannerlord changing the Two-Handed mode from a sword that is swung by two hands to two swords in the two hands, which did mark medieval genre from its release into the future - to the incredible Half-Life, let's say 3rd part which everyone expected and complained about until 2 years ago. What are your expectations from this new Half-Life? The first one brought us Counter-Strike which is played from that period to now no matter which release, is this Alyx one planning to fight the Riot's strike of Valorant(tf2 and csgo source code leak now? one more Valorant is coming or they just threated, I am currently awaiting the next big title to suspect it) to Valve through the VR feature? I am expecting much from Alyx indeed, Half-Life was genre-changing and who knows, this one could actually bring some interesting PC-changes when we watch from the VR point of the view, let's not say the genre. From the slightest to one of biggest mysteries, but don't forget that almost-forgotten Monster Hunter World's Iceborne DLC ate all other games improvements, and let's just say that Season 6 of PUBG has started(which indeed is the main event of most steam community members)
The closest releases are Gears Tactics and Moving Out, both releasing on April 28th. Which one are you currently waiting for?

MAY

May is not bringing much of the titles, but 3 big ones are coming indeed

Wasteland 3
The first one, coming out May 19th is the Wasteland 3. There is no Early-Access for this game on Steam, but pre-purchase is available for you not to worry later on if you miss the first day. The third release will follow its pre sequel Wasteland 2 which won the title of Game of the Year which put the post-apocalyptic genre one step above, where it always deserved to be. I am quite surprised with its studio inXile Entertainment which gave almost none information of its product, relying on its pre sequel - nothing for the ones who have not played it. That is quite a flaw in its promotion, but yet the story is quite interesting. It is based in post-apocalyptic ice-cold Colorado, which is a surprise for everyone, there will be a lot of dialogue that will frustrate you & make you regret your spent money. For fans of turn-based games it might be surprising, but personally - I will downvote it as a flaw of the year due to the studio's unprofessionalism in each promotional way.

Cancerous Trending
The second game you should not expect from the May is critical cancer that will overflow your youtube gaming trending scene. I will suggest you not to open it from the May 26th(not only PC, this time PS4, XBOX One & Switch too) to the May 26th of 2025.

Fast & Furious Crossroads
Michelle Rodriguez and Vin Diesel will once again, developed by Slightly Mad Studios(Project Cars) and published by Bandai Namco, blow your mind. The game promised what nobody could expect last year when it was announced, heists. It will roar its machine onto PC, PS4 & Xbox One, and it indeed will drop at the end of this May. The interesting fact is that the next movie Fast & Furious 9 hits the theatre the same month. I can +rep the one who gave idea of this release date, and I would when I would be the same level as him. It is a team-based vehicular-heist game, and If you want to play this game first watch the movie since you may ruin it by playing the game firstly. Let's not review it further, the important fact is that it's coming.

June
The sad fact is that in June we have no PC games coming out. There are Switch, PS4, Nintendo Switch & XBOX One games coming out. If you did not hear, and if you have enough money to travel from the USA to China - prepare your Nintendo Switch for a new hunt of pokemon.

July

At the month of July, date fourtheen, you can expect a new title called Death Stranding. The game did shock the PC community due to its high attention it granted to the Dazzling Visuals & Realistic Emotional Momentum. The game is developed by Kojima Productions(Hideo Kojima - Each Metal Gear Solid) and published by our very famous 505 Games which did fill our hearts with joy quite often. The game already has its pre-purchase option available on Steam Store & 13000 peoples have already brought it. This one bring you never before experienced genre-defying. It is your quest to brave a world utterly transformed by the Death Stranding. Use your courageousness and carry the remnants of the civilization's future in your own hand, embark on a journey to reconnect the dissipated world step by step.

September

Through the September there are 2 big titles coming out. The first one is Cyberpunk 2077, where is absolutely no need to talk about it since everything is already told.
Both games are coming out for PC, PS4, Xbox One and Stadia.
The second one, more interesting to me personally, is Marvel's Avengers, being published on September 4th. Yes, you have heard me well. It's a big step from this company, and in its game they are offering the world a chance of living as their favourite Avenger in the Marvel Universe. After the shock of their last released movies end, the shock appears in this game directly at the beginning. A terrifying event where they all fail, monster ultimately tears the team apart and see them losing one of their own. Guess who, lol. But, years later, they all are forced to reassemble since there is even a greater threat to civilization. They will do it, and it's your choice to guide them from now on.

TBC
To be confirmed

• The Elder Scrolls: Blades – (Switch :/)
  • Dying Light 2 – (PC, PS4 and Xbox One)
  • Destroy All Humans! Remake - (PC, PS4, Xbox One and Stadia)
  • Microsoft Flight Simulator – (PC, Xbox One) - I am waiting for this 32GB RAM ideal CPU-swarm
  • Skull and Bones – (PC, PS4 and Xbox One) - Everything Pirate fans have awaited for. The talk about it started 4 years ago.
  • Gods and Monsters – (PC, PS4, Xbox One, Switch and Stadia)

Let's answer the question now. Which game are you mostly awaiting for, and why?
Cautiously optimistic about the new dying light,
Ghosts of Tsushima (whenever I can get around to it)
Cyberpunk 2077 (cuz duh)

Seconding Hollow Knight: Silk Song.

My big one this year WAS Cyberpunk 2077, but my old trusty 1070 just couldn't handle it well enough for my liking (that and you know, the bugs). So I'm looking forward to playing it again in 2021 when I finally get my RTX 3080 that's been on backorder for a dog's age and they polish the game a bit.
I'm still holding out hope that in six months ,when they finish and polish Cyberpunk, that it will be a great game.

For me, it's Elex 2. Though not officially announced yet by Piranha Bytes, they've been working on something for several years, an my feeling is that it's Elex 2. I know not everyone gets into Piranha Bytes games like the Gothic & Risen series, or Elex, but I find them to be some of the most immersive games I've played. There's a certain quirkiness to them that I really love.

Far Cry 6—FPS one of my top-3 franchises, so very interested to see what they'll do with fictional Cuba/Tropico.

Humankind—TBS from devs of Endless Legend/Space, which are beautiful and interesting. This one just might be a real competitor to Civ.

STALKER 2—FPS originals from 00s are iconic, and while I'm not a survival-horror fan, I'll definitely check it out. Fyi the name is an acronym for:
Scavengers, Trespassers, Adventurers, Loners, Killers, Explorers, Robbers.

Age of Empires 4—RTS a new entry in one of the greatest RTS franchises. Some of the older ones have been remastered recently.

Everspace 2—Space shooter with exploration & some RPG. I don't play space games, but maybe this one…

Atomic Heart maybe—Open world action RPG, trailer caught my eye as somewhat unique.

I fully expect to play the first 4 in 2022-23, after the prices have dropped, all/most of the DLC is included, big bugs have been squashed, and some great mods have made an appearance. Meanwhile, that TBP pile…

Feb 22, 2021
Visit site
Diablo 2 Resurrected, finally coming in December 2021. After 20+ years my dream will come true. I've played Diablo 2 so much, that I considered about joining the game testing on their website, but due to less and less time for games, I cant.

Stalker 2 - Stalker (all 3 games) are the best dystopian/post-apocalyptical shooter with RPG elements that I've ever played. No game ever gave me such a great atmosphere to this day. Its a bit horror like, but once you get used to it and embrace the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. way nothing will stand in your way!

After a certain game came out that I'd been anticipating for about a decade,

Cyberpunk?

For me the upcoming (ish) releases im excited for are atm

Outriders (the only one i pre-ordered, first time in a long time, but its mainly because they have a big demo you can play to make this decision)
Shadow Warrior 3 (they removed coop which is a huge bummer for the wife n i but still a fun game)
GOTHIC (i liked the original and the newer teaser was fine but a new studio was just announced for its completion)
Warhammer 40,000: Darktide
Aliens: Fireteam
Back 4 Blood

Is it a sequel or reboot? I hadn't even heard anything.

Reboot/complete remake, on the scales of Mafia remake it seems. New studio was announced and have been working on it.

Is it a sequel or reboot? I hadn't even heard anything.

Here's a link to the playable teaser page on Steam, although it's no longer available for download, it does have a short video & some screen shots:

If you like the Gothic games from Piranha Bytes, their newest game, Elex 2, should be released this year (although not yet announced). I really loved the first Elex, it has a huge open world to explore & that signature Piranha Bytes combat.

View: https://i.imgur.com/CB52PWu.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS