Question What is called the problem with my IPS monitor?

Dec 23, 2021
Visit site
Hello. First of all, it is difficult to explain this problem even in my mother language, let alone the English language. But I will try my best.

I have an IPS monitor 144 Hz/1440p/27i - AORUS AD27QD. I like it a lot but lately I have been noticing some strange artifacts in 3D games.

When I move the view with my mouse (no matter if it is a FP or TP game) some strange patterns appear as if "behind" the screen. It looks like as if someone poured some water on my screen from the back side which then caused some grayish/muddy/dim stains to appear.

It looks like a rainy aperture that does not move, just stands still and become visible when moving the view.

When I do not move the view with my mouse, everything is fine, nothing is visible. But once I move it, those stains become very noticable, especially in one-colored bright environments.

I was trying to capture it on my phone but it just did not catch the details. I am definitely sure that this is not IPS glow or the bleeding or ghosting as it happens every time, in all 3D games. And no, it does not have anything with objects in games, it looks as if it was "behind".

I had no idea what this is but I would like to find out more, if possible.

Reactions: Brian Boru
Hi! You explained perfectly well.

To me this sounds like your monitor is defective. Are you able to try with your PC on another screen, such as a TV to make sure its not the graphics card?

Hopefully your monitor is still within its warranty period.

It is worth asking over at Toms Hardware as they likely have some people who may know exactly what the problem is, but from what you describe it sounds to me very much like a problem with the panel of the screen.

Reactions: Brian Boru
Dec 23, 2021
Visit site
Hi! You explained perfectly well.

To me this sounds like your monitor is defective. Are you able to try with your PC on another screen, such as a TV to make sure its not the graphics card?

Hopefully your monitor is still within its warranty period.

It is worth asking over at Toms Hardware as they likely have some people who may know exactly what the problem is, but from what you describe it sounds to me very much like a problem with the panel of the screen.

Thanks for the answer. Yes, it should be in its warranty period, but you know how that works. They send monitors god knows where and it stays there for some weeks, then they send it back and say there is no faulty parts. lol :D

TRENDING THREADS