• FSR

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Amd Fluid Motion Frames

• AMD Hyper RX

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • None of the above

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Other - please post reply if this is choice..

• Total voters
If you have an Nvidia or AMD GPU, what features do you use?

Just curious how many people actually use them.

I haven't found a use for FSR3 yet as my GPU is powerful enough to not need upscaling or Frame Generation yet, though that will change over time.

FSR was pretty good in Dead Space Remake, but when I tried to use it in Atomic Heart it was FSR 1.0 and looked terrible. Its in BG3 and also looks bad compared to native, but it runs well enough on my rig at ultra without making any graphical concessions so I only flicked it on and off to see..

Seems to me a lot of how FSR looks depends on the developer implementation. It wouldnt surprise me if Nvidia was including some sort of clause to make sure that devs always make DLSS upscaling be at a certain quality level. Whereas AMD is just trying to get FSR in as much as possible and leave quality up to the dev.

Frame generation is a weird one for me. From what reviews Ive read you need to be hitting 60 FPS already to make it worth using because of the latency hit? At that point I might prefer to just not use it and take the better image quality and normal latency. Maybe thats a bad take, I havent used it yet.

Reactions: Brian Boru
when nvidia first introduced upscaling, I had a GTX 980 so I could have used it except native res of monitor was 4k and I couldn't make that any better.

By time I had the 2070 Super I had swapped displays to 1440p and Frame Generation may have been useful on it to get it closer to Monitors max speed

Now I have a 7900 XT and can run screen at max speed without any features. I would like to see them but really no point. Might be a few years before I do.

I seem to keep missing these features. I need a 4k fast refresh monitor to really see them now, and I don't really need/want a new monitor now.

when nvidia first introduced upscaling, I had a GTX 980 so I could have used it except native res of monitor was 4k and I couldn't make that any better.

By time I had the 2070 Super I had swapped displays to 1440p and Frame Generation may have been useful on it to get it closer to Monitors max speed

Now I have a 7900 XT and can run screen at max speed without any features. I would like to see them but really no point. Might be a few years before I do.

I seem to keep missing these features. I need a 4k fast refresh monitor to really see them now, and I don't really need/want a new monitor now.
Maybe I'm getting my terms confused here, but upscaling to me means rendering at a lower resolution and then upscaling that to a higher one. In that case 4K would be the ideal use case, as the GPU could render at lower resolution then DLSS/FSR upscale it up to 4K at better frame rates.

In single player action games for me there's a big difference between 60FPS and 100 plus, but with my hardware currently I usually settle for 80 or so to keep the visual quality up. I might use frame gen if I had hardware that could do it, depends how much it affected the visuals and responsiveness.

I really started to like frame generation. When reflex is enbled, I'm not seeing much added latency, image quality is great too, static and motion. Not to mention the energy saving benefits of running it with a fps cap
4rDfZFm.png

FSR3 is a stuttery and shimmery mess though, plagued with noticeable ghosting. I think the fsrfg mod worked better than actual fsr3
SpimqNe.png

TRENDING THREADS