What GPU do you have? (4th Qtr 2023)

Been a lot of talk about Nvidia vs AMD lately (apparently no one has an Intel). so I thought we could do our own GPU hardware survey.

Since this changes over time, let's restrict this post to the last few months of 2023.

The GPU in my primary gaming computer is an Nvidia 3070ti (laptop)

Probably won't happen, but I would love to see Intel get a real foothold in the GPU market for competition purposes.

According to a recent PCG article, AMD owns about 17.5 percent of the market. Will be interesting to see how that stacks up against people who read/post here.

(note: we don't have just a general Hardware category. It's divided between desktops and laptops, so I just put this post here)

Since this changes over time, let's restrict this post to the last few months of 2023.
shame only posts with time restrictions are polls, and listing all possible GPU would be too much work for anyone... we can close it in 3 months if you like :)

Powercolor Red Devil RX 7900 XT

Intel GPU had driver issues for a long time, its only now they are recommendable.

still have a GeForce 1070. would like to buy a new graphics card but the cost is shockingly high and im in no rush to replace it unless absolutely needed.
I was in the same position not long ago. I had a 970, but my friend gave me his 1070 about a year ago when he upgraded, then I finally took the plunge this year to get something newer.

The ARC 750 and the Radeon 6650 are actually not badly priced; you can pick up either at Microcenter right now for between $220-$240, which is what I was initially shooting for. I picked-up the 6700XT only because a friend of mine graciously gifted me $100 so I could get something a little higher end.

Still rocking my ZOTAC RTX 2060 from 2019. Apparently I bought it very close to when it was released but didn’t even know it when it first came out. I wasn’t anticipating it or anything, it just so happened to come out when I was in a position to get a new card. I never bought a ZOTAC card before but after this one, it’s definitely a brand I’d buy from again. This little guy has been going hard for the past 4 years, and I could probably get a few more years with a CPU upgrade.

Nvidia 1050 Ti

I'll see that, and raise you ~5—whatever diff the 'Ti' makes :)

GeForce 1060—upper-class version tho, 6GB!
Came with 2017 Alienware Aurora desktop pre-built, for which I had to swap my last 2014 self-build—with GTX 970, great card— cos GF couldn't get Win10 working.
Just meets recommended spec of only game I'd definitely buy if it goes on a good-enough sale, so I'm fine for now. Next card will be in a new PC, if such happy day ever arrives.

GeForce 1070

Lemme see your sleeves!

I was in the same position not long ago. I had a 970, but my friend gave me his 1070 about a year ago when he upgraded, then I finally took the plunge this year to get something newer.

The ARC 750 and the Radeon 6650 are actually not badly priced; you can pick up either at Microcenter right now for between $220-$240, which is what I was initially shooting for. I picked-up the 6700XT only because a friend of mine graciously gifted me $100 so I could get something a little higher end.

its a catch 22 with budget cards. Sure they're cheaper but they will probably last me another 1-3 years before i need to replace it. I'm hoping to invest in one card and like my 1070 lasts me 5+ years. Truth be told the 1070 is more then enough to play everything in my steam collection and only now are we seeing games that it can't run (well, alan wake 2 is probably the abnormality i guess).

But looking at the prices of graphics cards and how expensive they are atm i can't justify the cost. 2023 has been a somewhat expensive year with increased living expenses across the board.

its a catch 22 with budget cards. Sure they're cheaper but they will probably last me another 1-3 years before i need to replace it.
That applies to a lot of things and is why I pay more for some things instead of buying the cheapest option. Such as mice, keyboard, Storage... pretty much anything. Better to pay for quality rather than constantly replace things. It still adds up to same price over time.

I didn't think about it when I upgraded GPU last time. Though I hope it lasts a few more years to come.

That applies to a lot of things and is why I pay more for some things instead of buying the cheapest option. Such as mice, keyboard, Storage... pretty much anything. Better to pay for quality rather than constantly replace things. It still adds up to same price over time.

I didn't think about it when I upgraded GPU last time. Though I hope it lasts a few more years to come.

part of the problem is that GPU prices (nvidia especially) have sky rocketed and whilst i follow similar principles when i build and buy stuff, atm the geforce stuff is way too expensive (8gbvs12gb doesn't help) and radeon is playing catch up and their products are equally as expensive. ideally i would like a 4070 but yeah, asking for 500-600 range is too dear for me atm. I'm sitting on the fence and waiting to see what's around the corner. I could be sitting for a long time and by that point my machine would be so old i could replace the pc entirely. I mean, my pc was around 2016-2017 so if i need to replace a graphics card, it might consider replacing everything else.

Sarafan

Community Contributor
I bought MSI GeForce RTX 4070 Ventus 3x in April and I may regret this if NVIDIA decides to release the Super variant with more VRAM next year. :p But I'm quite happy with the graphics card. It has GeForce RTX 3080 performance for lower price. Cyberpunk 2077 with Path Tracing and DLSS 2 and 3 runs way above 60 FPS. Elden Ring with maximum Ray Tracing and no DLSS runs in stable 60 FPS for most of the time. Quake 2 RTX also runs like a charm and so are other FPS games with Ray Tracing mods. Besides that I'm playing a lot of older games so a faster GPU would be a massive overkill. The only disadvantage is some coil wine with very high FPS, but my computer stands below desk, so it's not a huge problem. I usually play with V-sync on so I don't hear this frequently anyway.

Last edited:
My PC: 3070ti (3440x1440)
Wifes PC: 1080ti (1440)
Sons PC: 3050ti (1080)

For some reason were a Ti family lol. The future plan for us is i will probably be upgrading to the 4080 super or whatever it gets called when that drops early next year, my 3070ti will be going to my wife (even tho she complains that she just gets the "used" gpu's) and my son can upgrade when he can afford it although he doesnt play any demanding games (Destiny 2 / Diablo 4 bein the most demanding out of the last year or so hes had it).

Im happy with my 3070ti though. I got it on launch day for less than MSRP (EVGA discount), its EVGA's last GPU to be made so im kinda glad i got it. Its been running OC'd for most of its life and its still in great condition

Last edited:
My PC: 3070ti (3440x1440)
Wifes PC: 1080ti (1440)
Sons PC: 3050ti (1080)

For some reason were a Ti family lol. The future plan for us is i will probably be upgrading to the 4080 super or whatever it gets called when that drops early next year, my 3070ti will be going to my wife (even tho she complains that she just gets the "used" gpu's) and my son can upgrade when he can afford it although he doesnt play any demanding games (Destiny 2 / Diablo 4 bein the most demanding out of the last year or so hes had it).

Im happy with my 3070ti though. I got it on launch day for less than MSRP (EVGA discount), its EVGA's last GPU to be made so im kinda glad i got it. Its been running OC'd for most of its life and its still in great condition
Good idea including the family.

Jethro (Guido): 3060 (laptop)
Elly May: 3070 (laptop)

• Haha
Reactions: Brian Boru

Sarafan

Community Contributor
You can reduce coil whine by undervolting card, or by restricting max refresh rate to below your monitors max. I don't think I get it myself.
Yeah, it helps in most cases. However I already tried undervolting my GPU. It doesn't make a big difference in my case. The power consumption fell from 200W to 150-160W, but the whine is still present at very high FPS. It does help a little though.

TRENDING THREADS