What gaming PC to buy and what to do when coming from Mac?

Jul 5, 2020
Visit site
I am a Mac user. But there is no future in gaming on Macs anymore, so I am ready to switch. What PC maker offers great support and deals for a novice PC gamer that never had to deal with the PC gaming world? Please keep in mind that as a mac user I never had to deal with updating drivers, graphics cards or any of that, all that is completely new to me not buying a monitor. Grateful for any advice, tips, articles,or personal experience.

Thanks!

Welcome :)

There isn't really any great mystery to PC gaming. In terms of updating drivers, Windows handles that. You may periodically want to update your graphics card drivers, but it's usually a case of "download thing - double click thing - run thing - done".

Even physically upgrading a graphics card, which you'd only do every 2-4 years, can be a 5 minute job.

Someone else on the forums recently jumped from Mac to PC - have a look at this:

You say you're not buying a monitor? What screen are you gaming on? What resolution and refresh rate is it?

And in terms of companies to buy from, where are you shopping and in what currency?

TRENDING THREADS