PCG Article What are your predictions, or hopes, to see from the E3 that isn't E3 this year?

E3 2022 predictions: What will be the biggest surprises? | PC Gamer

I loved this article. June is always a huge month for gaming announcements & showcases, and while E3 doesn't officially exist, there will still be plenty of new game information, gameplay videos (hopefully) and assorted information to keep us happy (or drooling). What do you hope, or predict, to hear about this June about future games?

I don't really have predictions, but I have several hopes (in no particular order, just as they came to mind):

1-Starfield. I want to see actual gameplay footage. I was disappointed when it got bumped into 2023, but I feel it's probably a good thing as I've stated elsewhere. But I would actually like to see some real gameplay footage. How will they handle the open world aspect when dealing with multiple planets? How much gameplay will take place in space? Will there be space combat? Will there be settlement building? Skyrim in space, I get it, but let's see some.

2-Elder Scrolls VI. Probably not much, as I'm sure at this point Bethesda is highly focused on Starfield, but it would be nice to see a bit more of the world (and which province in takes place in), even though we won't see the game until at least 2024 or later.

3-Fallout New Vegas 2.
In the article Ted Litchfield mentioned this. I think it's possible, and would love to see it, since Bethesda and Obsidian are under one company now. I would even be excited to hear about an official remaster of FONV, including all cut content, and maybe a bigger New Vegas Strip.

4-Witcher 3 Remaster. I haven't heard anything in months. I hope it's still in production. But 3DProjeck has a lot of irons in the fire right now with pre-production on Witcher 4, and still patching Cyberpunk. Would love to see the remaster this year, it would help to alleviate some of the pain of Starfield getting bumped.

5-Avowed. It's hard to imagine that Obsidian would release it this year, but it would be nice to see some actual gameplay footage. I envision an Elder Scrolls-type game set in the world of the Pillars of Eternity games.

And please, more information and/or gameplay on these games:

6-Outcast 2 -A New Beginning

7-Gothic 1 Remake

8-System Shock Remake

E3 2022 predictions: What will be the biggest surprises? | PC Gamer

I loved this article. June is always a huge month for gaming announcements & showcases, and while E3 doesn't officially exist, there will still be plenty of new game information, gameplay videos (hopefully) and assorted information to keep us happy (or drooling). What do you hope, or predict, to hear about this June about future games?

I don't really have predictions, but I have several hopes (in no particular order, just as they came to mind):

1-Starfield. I want to see actual gameplay footage. I was disappointed when it got bumped into 2023, but I feel it's probably a good thing as I've stated elsewhere. But I would actually like to see some real gameplay footage. How will they handle the open world aspect when dealing with multiple planets? How much gameplay will take place in space? Will there be space combat? Will there be settlement building? Skyrim in space, I get it, but let's see some.

I hope there won't be any manual ship flying. Bethesda games are already buggy enough when they only focus on first person gameplay.

I'm crossing my fingers for some info about Avowed. Hopefully, a 15min+ gameplay video with a release date at the end.
If Obsidian can create the same in-depth gameplay, as well as character, companion, & npc interactions that was present in the Pillars games, and combine that into an open world RPG like Skyrim I'd be extremely happy. But not like the Outer Worlds gameplay. While OW was an okay game, it left me with the feeling that it was a bit shallow and under developed.

If I don't see any gameplay footage of TES VI, I'm going to be pissed!!!!!!!!

They haven't even shown gameplay of Starfield yet, so prepare yourself.

What do you hope, or predict, to hear about this June about future games?

ARK 2 -- Would like to get more info on this. The developers seem to actually be working on the game. This is only surprising because it's Studio Wildcard. I assumed they'd just make a new map for ARK: Survival Evolved and sell it as a new game. The latest news is that they are hiring developers for a mobile version. WTH, the first ARK can only really run on Department of Defense supercomputers, so I'm sure this is going to be great on your phone.

Sons of the Forest -- These guys released The Forest into early access the second they'd placed a tree in a 3D engine. I figured they wouldn't do that again, but I was expecting this to be in early access by now and haven't really heard anything since the game was announced except that they moved the nebulous launch date to October 22.

Warhammer 40,000: Darktide -- Another developer with its head down. This was supposed to release in April, and they didn't communicate anything for months and then quietly moved the date back to this fall.

Starfield -- This game doesn't actually exist, but we'll see a mock-up of a player arriving at a space station, killing a chicken and then being chased by every NPC at the station.

Elder Scrolls VI -- Bethesda is the one company Microsoft will lose patience with. To delay this inevitable event, Bethesda will show a picture of a dragon and play the theme song again.

Fallout New Vegas Caravan -- Trying to mount a dead horse, Bethesda will announce a collectible card game based on Caravan. It will cost $25 for the three of spades.

Callisto Protocol -- There will be a new gameplay trailer introduced by Glen Schofield who's eyes will fill with tears when he reiterates that the game is no longer taking place in the PUBG universe.

Witcher 3 Remaster -- CDPR will announce that it's still too embarrassed about Cyberpunk 2077 to work on the remaster.

Avowed -- Will have a cinematic trailer that ends with an announcement that it will be released in November of 2023. Everyone will groan. It won't actually release until 2024.

Assassin's Creed Infinity -- If it weren't bad enough that the next Assassin's Creed appears to be a live service game, all we'll find out about it at not-E3 is "...something, something blockchain. Something, something NFT."

In a candid moment Yves Guillemot will admit that all their recent games would have been more successful if gamers were a little more intelligent and discerning, and, also, that he had no idea women even worked at Ubisoft.

Zloth

Community Contributor
I would like to see some more info on The Invincible and Dark Envoy!

Wishes? In order of sanity:
  • Dragon's Dogma 2: Dragon's Apologetics - a prequel that explains how everything got the way it was.
  • Valkyria Chronicles 5.
  • BattleTech 2 (though I'm not sure what they would add to it).
  • Vampire: The Masquerade: Bloodlines 2 - with excellent gameplay footage
  • HD port of Shadowhearts: Covenant and/or Lost Odyssey.
  • Tomb Raider: Double Anniversary. Now that the Trinity trilogy is done, let's get back to older Lara starting with a remake of Tomb Raider 1. Instead of following the original series' story, though, branch off into a completely different story. (Tomb Raider 2 didn't really continue the story from the first game - there wasn't all that much to continue. Tomb Raider: Anniversary was a remake of TR1, but was also actually a prequel to Tomb Raider: Legend. The three-game story was finished in Tomb Raider: Underground. So I figure, now that the IP has been sold again, it's time to start off yet another set of stories starting with the original game!)
  • Prey 2
  • The First Remnant - a prequel to The Last Remnant.
  • Xenogeras: Legendary Edition on PC. Re-do Xenogears for PC, but finish it as intended. We'll talk about re-doing Xenosaga as six games instead of three after that.

P.S. E3 that is not E3. Let's see, E3 upside down would be.... oh bother!

Sarafan

Community Contributor
I think that almost everything was said. :) My current favorites are: Stafield, STALKER 2, Avowed and a potential new Fallout from Obsidian. I'm also very interested in a new project supervised by Josh Sawyer which is supposed to be heavily influenced by Disco Elysium. There's precisely zero chance that we'll see something from TES VI this year. :p

Personally, I'm hoping for the following:

3D Realms Prey remake, though I guess they'd probably have to call it Prey 1 to differentiate it from Arkane's Prey. Would be a good way for Microsoft to gauge interest for a restoration of the cancelled Prey 2.

Warhammer 40,000: Darktide gameplay at PC Gaming Show. This is me mainly hoping that whatever E3 footage they had prepared hasn't been lost forever.

News regarding Gundam Battle Operation 2's PC port

Gundam Extreme VS series making its PC debut. I know damn well that it'll take an Epic Games Store exclusivity deal, so at least let that be one of the inevitable EGS announcements at the PC gaming show.

Kingdom Hearts 4 news regarding platform releases

TRENDING THREADS