What are you eating today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Roast chicken, green beans, baby carrots, peas, my dad and I's first attempt at a Yorkshire pudding (which turned out to be a thick, lardy pancake, but still edible), and for a change, some Southern style gravy by Bisto. And if I don't manage to get all that down me, I'll eat my hat. Once I have room.

Merry Christmas and other celebrations to you all, chums. This'll be the last day of my avatar, a festive version of Cephal Lorentus :(

Well, I woke up this morning to another day of freezing rain (we've been getting more of that than snow this year), so I started the day by making some orange & cranberry muffins to warm the place up, I even managed not to burn them.

Also threw a small beef roast into the crockpot with some mushrooms and a few spices. I love using the crockpot because I can just throw a bunch of stuff in there and let it go for hours while I go play a game, and it usually turns out edible. I'll probably add a baked potato and a salad later in the day (to the meal not the crockpot).

my dad and I's first attempt at a Yorkshire pudding (which turned out to be a thick, lardy pancake
Reminds me of the time I tried to cook a couple of frozen Cornish Game Hens in the 'ol crockpot (those little birds in the freezer section of the supermarket that look like mini-turkeys). Well, no one told me that there were these little bags of innards inside. So I ended up pulling out bits and pieces of the bag as well as necks, hearts, livers, ect. The birds were good though, if you could get past the carnage.

@SWard - You never said what you were having.

Anyway, I wish you all good health, good laughter, and good friends.

Zloth

Community Contributor
I think I ate everything. Well, no, that can't be because some is in my fridge...

An omelet, bacon, sausage, cinnamon roll, hot chocolate for 'brunch'. DInner was turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, cheesy roll with some bacon in it, salad, some sort of long string bean, more mashed potatoes, some ice cream, and Lebanese cookie called a ma'amboul. (My niece said it tasted like yoga, which got a laugh, but the kind we had did remind me of the smell of incense. I was told what was in it, but I didn't listen very well after "sugar" was mentioned. I liked it!)

I was so full, I couldn't even play games when I got home. Was stuck watching TV.

Well, I woke up this morning to another day of freezing rain (we've been getting more of that than snow this year)...
YIPE! Not good!! I'll take a foot of snow over a glazing of freezing rain any day! Even if it's the day after getting a foot of snow! Hyper-not good if there's accumulation.

Christmas is over, but here was our menu:

For breakfast, it's always tradition for us to get Hardee's after unwrapping gifts because they're the only ones in my town open. My brother-in-law said they're only open because of Shmucks like me who go there. Lol

For lunch, we keep it simple with deli lunchmeat sandwiches and chips.

For dinner, we had chicken and noodles, mashed potatoes, green beans, homemade rolls with cinnamon honey butter, and desserts. Good stuff!

Our first day with snow, so woohoo for a White Christmas!
I'm in the Midwest US, where we normally get cold winters. But on Christmas day, it was like 60 degrees here. No white Christmas for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS