Question What are some good and worth watching Asian movies?

Oct 22, 2020
As the title has said. The reason I ask is because I think most people watch American movies mainly, and maybe some people don't know that there is a big film industry outside of America. So can someone recommend me some good Asian movies?

Thanks !!!

Frindis

Jan 14, 2020
Hollywood is actually pretty small (movies made ratio) compared to some of the largest movie-making industries out there with Bollywood as the greatest example.

When it comes to Asian movies, it would help to know what genre you are interested in.

Jan 22, 2020
You could always start with Oscar winners if you're moving from Hollywood films to Asian cinema, and because Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon and Parasite both jumped to mind. CTHD is a brilliantly filmed Wuxia film with stars recognisable to a western audience, and Parasite is a Korean black comedy you may have heard of due to it taking best picture this year.

Kung Fu Hustle is also one of my favourite movies of all time, it's a brilliant martial arts comedy, trailers don't capture it's brilliance so I'd recommend going in blind.

Infernal Affairs is another award winning Korean film, remade by Hollywood as The Departed. It's part of a trilogy but I've not seen the second two.

That's a selection of favourites that I'd recommend to anyone, but as said @Frindis said we might be able to give more tailored recs based on your tastes.

Jan 15, 2020
If you havent seen it yet Kingdom on Netflix is an amazing Korean horror series. Very well done, costumes are amazing, its dubbed but still. As for other Asian horror movies, i like oldies like Old Boy and, the movie that probably inspired the whole battle royale series, Battle Royale. Theres so much more to add but these are good asian horror flicks.

Reactions: IndecentLouie
Jan 30, 2020
Kingdom is a fun zombie show although i've only watched the first season and the first episode of the second, quite tense at times which is improved by the date it's set.
It is dubbed but you can change the audio to Korean with english subs (which Is what I did)

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts