Question Weekend Question: What's the most valuable cosmetic item you own?

PCG Jody

Staff member
Dec 9, 2019
Visit site
I ask the PCG staff a regular Weekend Question and post the answers on the site. If you'd like to throw in an answer here, I'll squeeze the best into the finished article!

This week's question is: What's the most valuable cosmetic item you own?

Whether it's a CS:GO gun skin, set of Second Life clothes, Hearthstone card back, PUBG bandana, Team Fortress 2 hat, or Oblivion's horse armor. Armor effects in Path of Exile go for a fair bit, but then someone once paid $38,000 for a pink war dog courier in Dota 2, which sure puts the Infernal Orchestrina in TF2 I paid $2.49 for in perspective.

The Steam Tools item value sorter might help if you don't know the value of items or aren't even sure what you own, if it works for you. It thinks my inventory is set to private.

According to the Steam Tools item value sorter, my most valuable item is a Europa Universalis III card worth 10 cents.

I don't spend money on micro-transactions, especially not purely cosmetic ones. However, if we accept that time = money, then the Hearthstone card back I just got for completing the Tombs of Terror on Heroic difficulty is probably the most valuable purely cosmetic item I own.

Reactions: Mazer
The T-shirt that came with the boxed version of Terminator 2 Judgement Day, some 30 years ago. I think I was about 12 years old at the time. The shirt was adult size, but I didn't mind. It lasted for about 10 years, then it was completely useless. Loved that item :)

TRENDING THREADS