Viewfinder - this looks like an interesting game

Zloth

Community Contributor
Love the bit at 3:30 where the player is clearly encouraged to go toward the light, but the player turns around to check what's the other way first. That's a GAMER playing for sure. ;)

Honestly, it looked pretty dull at first - until the player got a camera. Now I can see the puzzle possibilities!

Love the bit at 3:30 where the player is clearly encouraged to go toward the light, but the player turns around to check what's the other way first. That's a GAMER playing for sure. ;)

Honestly, it looked pretty dull at first - until the player got a camera. Now I can see the puzzle possibilities!
Life hack: If you want to get a good idea of what gameplay is like without spoilers, click straight on the middle of the video and keep the sound off!

I looked at the reviews and the game appears to be VERY short. Maybe 10 hours
I saw some say 5-6 hours. which agrees with:

bAfE5IP.png

I also saw people complaining they tried to shoehorn a story into it, which ruined the gameplay flow for some—did they think they were making a RPG?

Great mechanic, but that seems to be all the worthwhile there is.

Reactions: Pifanjr
i think the "story" just adds some personality into the game. It doesn't have quests as such, just the occasional extra puzzle.

Journey is only 90 minutes long, length of the game doesn't mean a lot really.

Its likely you can only do so much with the idea.

I haven't bought it, I just noticed it was released and remembered this thread.

Jun 27, 2023
Visit site
I caught a few videos of this being played by content creators, it seemed like an interesting idea and a slightly different take to a modern-day Portal game. I don't think you'd want it to be much longer than it is, due to probably being fatigued by doing the same thing over & over again.

I saw some say 5-6 hours. which agrees with:

bAfE5IP.png

I also saw people complaining they tried to shoehorn a story into it, which ruined the gameplay flow for some—did they think they were making a RPG?

Great mechanic, but that seems to be all the worthwhile there is.

Yeah 10 hrs is not really considered short anymore, unless it's a type game that usually runs well over that, like an RPG with a deep story. I also agree with Konquerah, that you probably wouldn't want a simple game like this with lots of repetition to be any longer than that.

TRENDING THREADS