Upgrading desktop to gaming pc

Jan 7, 2021
Visit site
I have a desktop computer with...
CPU - Intel i7-4790
GPU - Built In Intel HD 4600
Motherboard - Inspiron 3847
Power Suppy - 300W Yeechan
I would like to be able to game and wirelessly do VR. Everything is so laggy and crashes a lot. I am guessing it is my graphics card. I want to buy and new one and am hoping it will fix my problems. By looking at my system will I be able to do VR with a upgraded gpu? I want to get a EVGA GeForce GTX 1660 XC Black Gaming 6GB. Will I be able to play VR wirelessly fast at high setting along with other games such as Fortnite and Call Of Duty on mid to high settings smoothly? Any other graphics card suggestions that would outperform that? I am looking under $350. I am also aware I need to upgrade my Power Supply. It is a 300W and my system with the new card will take around 380ish. In the future I would like to get the Ryzen 5 3600 with a AMD compatible motherboard probably the MSI B450 TOMAHAWK MAX ATX AM4 but im not doing that yet. Anyway I would like a power supply that is compatible with my Inspiron 3847 intel motherboard and AMD motherboard if possible. Also I would like to keep that under 60 at around 40 if possible. Thanks to whom responds

Dec 18, 2020
Visit site
To avoid inconsistencies with your other parts. you can plug in you build into the PC Part Picker system builder.
I would recommend planning out a new build and waiting till you can afford all the other parts. Ive had part compatibility issues in the past and id encourage you to steer clear of that.

Oct 2, 2020
Visit site
the current PSU isn't enough power to run a decent graphic card. hence the upgrade requirement.
i swapped out my 1060 6gb for a 3060 ti and wasntsure id run it on my 500w but alls good so it saved me a few quid n hassle ;)

TRENDING THREADS