Sarafan

Community Contributor
Ok guys. I have to admit that I have a problem with BSODs for some time. The only affected games are those that run on Unity Engine. This includes Hearthstone and Wasteland 3. I tried to solve this issue by doing these things:

- installed the newest drivers for my GPU and sound card,
- verified the file integrity of games,
- scanned the computer for viruses and other harmful applications,
- verified the integrity of system files,
- checked RAM for errors,
- monitored hardware for overheating.

BlueScreenView points to ntoskrnl.exe as a cause of the errors, which tells us nothing special (it could be driver, hardware or system issue). Does anyone have an idea what else I could do before trying a fresh install of Win10? I want to avoid this for many reasons. System is of course up to date. I'm even considering to switch to Win11 as fast as possible to stop these errors from occurring.

My specs:
Motheboard: MSI B450 Gaming Plus Max,
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600,
GPU: MSI GeForce RTX 2070 Super,
RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB 2400 MHz.

Any help is appreciated.

We could uninstall ntoskrnl, it hardly does anything important
NTOSKRNL = windows kernel. It handles all driver requests, power management, and memory management. It sits between Hardware and Applications. It got blamed but its not the cause

But seriously

1. Open Windows File Explore
  2. Navigate to C:\Windows\Minidump
  3. Copy the mini-dump files out onto your Desktop
  4. Do not use Winzip, use the built in facility in Windows
  5. Select those files on your Desktop, right click them and choose 'Send to' - Compressed (zipped) folder
  6. Upload the zip file to the Cloud (OneDrive, DropBox . . . etc.)
  7. Then post a link here to the zip file, so I can take a look for you . . .

Win 11 won't fix problem if its drivers, updating to windows when you have BSOD just brings them along for ride in many cases

I fix BSOD on Tom's so I might be able to help. S0 far, in last 6 years, I have had 2 BSOD and solved at least 1000. Sad to say I had a BSOD today but Win 11 was involved in that one. I was amazed, its been so long... i don't mind if next one is in 6 years time now.

results - this is more for me, i don't expect you to understand them, or look - https://jsfiddle.net/2zt45vyj/show
I don't often see one of the 2 you got,
DRIVER_OVERRAN_STACK_BUFFER isn't common
KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE is more common

Victim in top error is audiodg.exe which is used by windows to talk to sound drivers
there are newer Realtek Audio drivers on here - https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/support/B450-GAMING-PLUS-MAX#down-driver&Win10 64

second crash not so obvious, could be same drivers.

You could update Ethernet drivers, download Win10 Auto Installation Program (SId:1152921505693680020) from under the windows header here - https://www.realtek.com/en/componen...0-1000m-gigabit-ethernet-pci-express-software

Sarafan

Community Contributor
Thanks a lot. I had some suspicions that it might have something to do with audio drivers, because when the BSOD appears the sound hangs as well (could be also a standard BSOD effect though). Anyway I tried a few different drivers already to no avail. I'll try to install the newest ones however and try to update Ethernet drivers as well. I'll report whether there's a change.

TRENDING THREADS