Question Turning mux switch on and off again and again

Oct 19, 2023
Visit site
I have the acer nitro 5 with and i7 12650H and RTX 3070ti.

I use this laptop for gaming, watching movies and for studies. With the mux switch off this laptop can give a battery backup of around 2h 30min MAX with power saving plan active, and with mux switch on that time reduces to 1h 30min.

I usually take my laptop to college with me and i just need it to last 2hours to get my work done, so i turn off the mux switch, then when i get home and put some games on, I turn on the mux switch, and then at night when i wanna watch some movies on my bed , i again turn off the mux switch to make the battery last the whole movie or at least long enough for me to feel sleepy.

SO, the big question is, DOES THIS TURNING ON AND OFF OF THE MUX SWITCH AGAIN AND AGAIN DAMAGES THE LAPTOP?

i don't think it damages it, its a built in function to let you switch GPU when you want to.

could you play with power cable attached to extend that time?

Reactions: Brian Boru
Oct 19, 2023
Visit site
i don't think it damages it, its a built in function to let you switch GPU when you want to.

could you play with power cable attached to extend that time?
My laptop's adapter is total 280Watts, and my laptop also supports USB type C charging, so when i take it to college, i take my Ambrane's 100W output power bank with me, it doesn't work as the real adapter but it gives me a total of 7hours backup with very light load and light usage, if i put more load on the laptop, the power bank charging gets disconnected.

While gaming i never disconnect the power adapter as gaming on battery puts a very heavy load on the battery and decreases the total battery health and life.

Sep 17, 2023
Visit site
I have the acer nitro 5 with and i7 12650H and RTX 3070ti.

I use this laptop for gaming, watching movies and for studies. With the mux switch off this laptop can give a battery backup of around 2h 30min MAX with power saving plan active, and with mux switch on that time reduces to 1h 30min.

I usually take my laptop to college with me and i just need it to last 2hours to get my work done, so i turn off the mux switch, then when i get home and put some games on, I turn on the mux switch, and then at night when i wanna watch some movies on my bed , i again turn off the mux switch to make the battery last the whole movie or at least long enough for me to feel sleepy.

SO, the big question is, DOES THIS TURNING ON AND OFF OF THE MUX SWITCH AGAIN AND AGAIN DAMAGES THE LAPTOP?
The mux switch is designed to switch between integrated and discrete graphics, providing power flexibility based on your needs. However, the multiplexing process itself will most likely not cause any harm to your laptop. These switches are durable and can withstand repeated use.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts