PCG Article The internet won't stop roasting this new Forspoken trailer

The snarky, self-referential dialog in the new video is really not good, but it's inspired some pretty good replies.

This happens to Square Enix every other month, it seems. To be honest, though, the dialogue doesn't sound that bad to me in this one; however, I'm not always a good judge of that because people frequently groan at the stuff I say, too.

So what do you think of this dialogue? To me, it's a little obnoxious, but I've heard far, far worse in Square Enix games. Every sentence of Final Fantasy XIII was worse than this.

Reactions: Pifanjr
i feel teasers for trailers is going to far but anyway. they release trailers for albums now, I don't get that... and unboxings.. um, its a record.

hmm, cliche music.
look, we can do open worlds now... shame they empty... graphics guys!!
lots of flashing lights...

hmm, I may have watched wrong trailer

I can find one from the 3rd? And people talking about a new one, but I don't see it on YouTube.

Zloth

Community Contributor
Yeah, I looked, too. I think it's only on Twitter. You can follow the link on the article and view it. It will start with no sound, but clicking again adds the sound.

I've seen other trailers and the game looks OK, though not great. But that little tweeted trailer,... blah! I think the problem for me is the slang. "And... oh yeah, I'm talking to a cuff!" The fake-forget thing died out years ago, but not enough years ago. If it were longer, they could say she was pulled out of the 90's and tap into some nostalgia. But it ain't, so it just makes Square/Enix seem very out of touch.

Here, this'll help them out:
View: https://youtu.be/qGx4VtwMnfM

(warning: improper use of the word "literally" - steel yourself)

Yeah, I looked, too. I think it's only on Twitter. You can follow the link on the article and view it. It will start with no sound, but clicking again adds the sound.

I've seen other trailers and the game looks OK, though not great. But that little tweeted trailer,... blah! I think the problem for me is the slang. "And... oh yeah, I'm talking to a cuff!" The fake-forget thing died out years ago, but not enough years ago. If it were longer, they could say she was pulled out of the 90's and tap into some nostalgia. But it ain't, so it just makes Square/Enix seem very out of touch.

Here, this'll help them out:
View: https://youtu.be/qGx4VtwMnfM

(warning: improper use of the word "literally" - steel yourself)
I swear I love viva la dirt league game skits. 😂

Reactions: Zloth and Pifanjr
The snarky, self-referential dialog in the new video is really not good, but it's inspired some pretty good replies.

This happens to Square Enix every other month, it seems. To be honest, though, the dialogue doesn't sound that bad to me in this one; however, I'm not always a good judge of that because people frequently groan at the stuff I say, too.

So what do you think of this dialogue? To me, it's a little obnoxious, but I've heard far, far worse in Square Enix games. Every sentence of Final Fantasy XIII was worse than this.
Well to be honest, this is the first time I read this, and I listened to the trailer, and it doesn't sound so bad to me. 😅

Well, I do read fantasy novels too where the protagonist suddenly disappears from present day reality and lands in a medieval magic world type of setting, so... the premise and style is not so bad for my biased gray matter in my skull.
🧠🙃

TRENDING THREADS