Resident Evil Village wins Game of the Year in the 2021 Steam Awards
Cyberpunk 2077 won an award, too.
These are voted on by gamers. Here are the award winners (with other contenders in parenthesis):
- Game of the Year: Resident Evil Village (Valheim, New World, Cyberpunk 2077, Forza Horizon 5)
- VR Game of the Year: Cooking Simulator VR (Sniper Elite VR, Medal of Honor: Above and Beyond, I Expect You To Die 2, Blair Witch VR Edition)
- Labor of Love: Terraria (Dota 2, Rust, No Man's Sky, Apex Legends)
- Better With Friends: It Takes Two (Valheim, Back 4 Blood, Halo Infinite, Crab Game)
- Outstanding Visual Style: Forza Horizon 5 (Psychonauts 2, Subnautica: Below Zero, Little Nightmares 2, Bright Memory: Infinite)
- Most Innovative Gameplay: Deathloop (Inscryption, Twelve Minutes, Moncage, Loop Hero)
- Best Game You Suck At: Nioh 2 – The Complete Edition (World War Z: Aftermath, Naraka Bladepoint, Age of Empires 4, Battlefield 2042)
- Best Soundtrack: Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy (Nier Replicant, Persona 5 Strikers, Guilty Gear Strive, Demon Slayer -Kimetsu no Yaiba- The Hinokami Chronicles)
- Outstanding Story-Rich Game: Cyberpunk 2077 (Life is Strange: True Colors, Resident Evil Village, Days Gone, Mass Effect Legendary Edition)
- Sit Back and Relax: Farming Simulator 22 (Unpacking, Potion Craft, Townscaper, Dorf Romantik)
Don't see anything I'm particularly in disagreement with, but I didn't play most of them. I don't even remember who I voted for in most of the categories.