Question TDR crashes within minutes.

So this is my PC configuration and I'm getting TDR crashes with minutes of starting a game

CPU: Ryzen 3 3200G
GPU: RX 570 8GB but currently using GTX 750 Ti
RAM: 8GB DDR4
M.2 drive
2TB HDD
500W PSU
Windows 11 latest

I ran stability tests but I couldn't find issues, but whenever I run games, they are crashing with TDR errors with video scheduler errors, device disconnected errors, etc. I've disable the iGPU in the BIOS and it is not found in Window 11.

BIOS and drivers are updated to the latest. I've created an RMA for it and AMD is willing to replace but I don't feel like returning it. What can I try to resolve this problem.

Exactly what model of motherboard, PSU and RAM kit (CMW16GX4M2C3200C16) are you using?

The first and easiest one is to do a clean reinstall of your GPU drivers, and make sure your motherboard chipset drivers are the latest available.

If that doesn't help then flash to the latest BIOS on the motherboard from the manufacturers website using the instructions in the mobo manual. Also try turning off XMP/DOCP for the RAM if you have it enabled and test again.

Few basic things to try, see if any of it helps and report back :)

Exactly what model of motherboard, PSU and RAM kit (CMW16GX4M2C3200C16) are you using?

The first and easiest one is to do a clean reinstall of your GPU drivers, and make sure your motherboard chipset drivers are the latest available.

If that doesn't help then flash to the latest BIOS on the motherboard from the manufacturers website using the instructions in the mobo manual. Also try turning off XMP/DOCP for the RAM if you have it enabled and test again.

Few basic things to try, see if any of it helps and report back :)

Are there any utilities which allow me to know the RAM kit number?

The motherboard is Gigabyte B450 S2H. The PSU is an off brand one but I tried with a branded one too and it had the same problem. XMP is not enabled, either it is not available in my motherboard or the RAM I have doesn't support it. I haven't DOCP in my BIOS. As I said BIOS is up to date and drivers are up to date too.

I also disabled TDR, tried delaying it and even then it is happening.

Last edited:

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Are there any utilities which allow me to know the RAM kit number?

The motherboard is Gigabyte B450 S2H. The PSU is an off brand one but I tried with a branded one too and it had the same problem. XMP is not enabled, either it is not available in my motherboard or the RAM I have doesn't support it. I haven't DOCP in my BIOS. As I said BIOS is up to date and drivers are up to date too.

I also disabled TDR, tried delaying it and even then it is happening.
Yes. CPU-Z will tell you that information:

Look at the SPD tab.

Yes. CPU-Z will tell you that information:

Look at the SPD tab.

There is nothing in the SPD tab of CPU-Z. Everything is grey.

@bypassrestrictions Under the SPD tab select another slot from the drop down menu to see the part number. If its running at stock timings and speeds its probably not teh problem, but worth ruling out.

Did you do a clean reinstall of GPU drivers?

Do you have 2 sticks of RAM or 1? Have you tried running one stick, tried changing to different memory slots?

Tried the graphics card in another PCI-E slot?

What games cause the problem and are there any that work ok?

What stability tests/benchmarks have you run and for how long?

An off brand PSU could have already damaged your card or other equipment, or could be providing unreliable power during the sort of power loads a game would use. Saying you tried a 'branded' PSU doesnt mean much. Plenty of branded PSU models that could have done the same as an off brand one, and any damage caused by the PSU to your system could be permanent already.

Reactions: Brian Boru

TRENDING THREADS