Survey for my dissertation on why you would want to spend money on games and how to make microtransactions reasonable.

Nov 18, 2023
Visit site
Hi guys! I am currently doing a survey on the motivation and influence on why you would want to spend on a video game in hopes to use this results can help understand better how to create a good monetization model because as a gamer myself I have spent unfathomable amounts of money in video games and many times I regret spending so much money for one skin, so that's why I wanted to write on this topic.

I would really really appreciate if I could get as many results as possible. The survey should take a maximum 5 minutes and if you have any further questions please feel free to comment here or there will be an email address on the survey itself. Thank you!

Link to survey:https://forms.gle/GFNNU6zCNFkvnLA4A

Nov 18, 2023
Visit site
Welcome to the forum :)

I would love to help out a Paddy, but there's a significant contradiction in your opening page conditions.

"This survey is completely anonymous…

* Indicates required question
Email

So sadly I did not proceed.
Heya sorry for that 😅. That section was added so that if you wanted to see the results I could email it to you but you can fill in a fake email for example (anon@anon.anon) and if you do put in a valid email, the email will remain anonymous in the results.

Really sorry for the confusion I should have stated that in the post so it is my bad and I have to changed it to take no emails but I do really appreciate you for helping another paddy!

Last edited:
Reactions: Brian Boru
I have to changed it

So you have, nicely done :)

The survey should take a maximum 5 minutes

I forgot to time it, but that's in the ballpark—I estimate it took me 10 minutes, and that included taking some notes and researching on web.

Survey appears legit, aided by OP's return to answer, and then to change survey based on feedback. However, I didn't see links to a specific dept or university, and the general content quality seems low.

I don't see any reason for members to avoid this survey if you have 5 minutes to donate to a poor student :)

@Tearai I'm curious why an early Q "What age range do you fall under?*" has its options choices skewed towards younger players. Average age of gamers is 35-40 depending where you check, so why end with 40+?

Good luck with your studies.

Reactions: Frindis

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts