[Suggestion Plz] How do I Grow my Youtube Gaming Channel ?

Oct 8, 2020
Visit site
Hello Guys,
It's been an Year since i had created my channel.
I hardly reached 200 subs and most of them are inactive.

I'm from India and Gaming here is not a thing to watch. I play Mostly DOTA 2 and some AAA Titles( Whenever i have enough money then i buy, play and upload). So its not like first upload on Game Release Date.

So i decided to use Google Adwords that was suggested by main channels and i started getting views and few Subscribers.

After long time i had noticed that, the subscribers i'm getting from using Google adwords are random and seems like fake or google showing mercy for paying for adwords and giving random fake subscribers.( I'm not sure though but I think that's the thing happening ).

I wonder how do i grow my channel ? Atleast at a point that people who watch my videos say 'That's a Nice play'. (It encourages to some Extent ).

youtube.com/DrkGamingIND

Reactions: mdeeplotz
Mar 31, 2020
Visit site
U should upload on newer games like valorant and warzone etc
DOTA 2 doesn't seem to have that much interest among Indian gamers section its not that popular.
And also make your uploads consistent fix a time for ur uploads and a day in each week or as you wish ,if u have more videos then u can schedule the videos after uploading all of them so they get unlocked to viewers at a fixed time that might help.

Oct 8, 2020
Visit site
U should upload on newer games like valorant and warzone etc
DOTA 2 doesn't seem to have that much interest among Indian gamers section its not that popular.
And also make your uploads consistent fix a time for ur uploads and a day in each week or as you wish ,if u have more videos then u can schedule the videos after uploading all of them so they get unlocked to viewers at a fixed time that might help.

I started Playing Valorant and uploaded couple of videos too. Still learning the Game.
Warzone is like 110GB in Size. My 240GB SSD Free space is 100GB Left. Installing on HDD might have Slow Loading Time. I'm thinking about it.
I used to Upload Daily. But Now a days i'm uploading 2 or 3 days gap.

Apologies if this sounds rude, but I fail to see a reason to upload the full Valorant videos, especially when there is no commentary to make it interesting. They have some views, but what is the retention like in those videos? I.e. are people actually watching the full video? If not, at that point do they drop out?

Maybe I am just 'old man yells at cloud', but I just don't understand the appeal of watching an unedited, mediocre match without any commentary to provide personality. If you were pro-league good, I'd understand it a bit more (this isn't a dig at your skills! haha).

I'd personally be more likely to watch a video like this if it has been edited to show the best plays (and not lots of clips of you getting 1 decent kill).

I watch videos from a Rainbow Six Siege player called MacieJay. It helps that he is great at the game, but the videos he uploaded are the type I would watch - clips of great plays -and every now and again he will upload a 'full game Friday' where it will show the full match, but the match had to stand out and be a great match. It also helps that he provides commentary.

I'm not much of video game watcher though, so maybe i'm just not 'with it' anymore.

Oct 8, 2020
Visit site
Apologies if this sounds rude, but I fail to see a reason to upload the full Valorant videos, especially when there is no commentary to make it interesting. They have some views, but what is the retention like in those videos? I.e. are people actually watching the full video? If not, at that point do they drop out?

Maybe I am just 'old man yells at cloud', but I just don't understand the appeal of watching an unedited, mediocre match without any commentary to provide personality. If you were pro-league good, I'd understand it a bit more (this isn't a dig at your skills! haha).

I'd personally be more likely to watch a video like this if it has been edited to show the best plays (and not lots of clips of you getting 1 decent kill).

I watch videos from a Rainbow Six Siege player called MacieJay. It helps that he is great at the game, but the videos he uploaded are the type I would watch - clips of great plays -and every now and again he will upload a 'full game Friday' where it will show the full match, but the match had to stand out and be a great match. It also helps that he provides commentary.

I'm not much of video game watcher though, so maybe i'm just not 'with it' anymore.

Thanks for the Reply. That was my first Valorant match video. So i don't know the character or skills or the map, nothing. Thought of Uploading full game unedited as a Newbie Gameplay, though its a lose. But the 2nd video of valorant was Good and we won the game with 13 to 1. And somehow i played Good.
I agree with the part that the Commentary is Important. But so much sounds in my place so i don't use mic. I'm working on it.

That was my first Valorant match video. So i don't know the character or skills or the map

May I ask, what is the purpose of uploading the video then? Just trying to find out what your channel is all about, what the focus of it is.

Maybe there is a large interest in watching someones first Valorant match, I don't know.

checking your audience retention on each of your videos will help you find what people are interested in watching. Don't just look at view count, it is easy to spam a video somewhere and get a 1,000 views, but people instantly stopped watching, whereas having a video with 500 views, and half of those watched all the way to the end is much better.

Last edited:
Oct 8, 2020
Visit site
May I ask, what is the purpose of uploading the video then? Just trying to find out what your channel is all about, what the focus of it is.

Maybe there is a large interest in watching someones first Valorant match, I don't know.

checking your audience retention on each of your videos will help you find what people are interested in watching. Don't just look at view count, it is easy to spam a video somewhere and get a 1,000 views, but people instantly stopped watching, whereas having a video with 500 views, and half of those watched all the way to the end is much better.

Thanks !! I'll keep that in mind.

Honestly, if you aren't going to talk during your videos, then it's pretty hopeless. Also, you need to be very aware of the quality of every single thing you upload. Every video needs to be the very best you can make it, but that includes commentary.

TRENDING THREADS