Question Sudden spikes of lag start after 15 mins of running Borderlands 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 21, 2021
Visit site
Hello!
I have a laptop with the following specs;
Intel Core i7 7500U 2.7 GHz
16GB DDR4 RAM
Radeon R7 m340 4GB
512 SSD hard drive

I recently bought Borderlands 3. It ran smoothly on my laptop for about 15 mins then it started lagging. The frame rate would drop from 30 FPS to 10 every 30 seconds or so. However, it doesn't do that when I use the AC in my room. The usual temperature here is around 35C. What should I do to fix this? The same problem continues with Metro Exodus and Tyranny. It seemed to me that the issue was with overheating so I bought a cooling pad but it didn't go away. I went to the task manager and there were these spikes in the performance graph. Is there anything I can do to fix the Issue? I've already tried cleaning my laptop. Task manager for GPU and Task manager for CPU. Thanks.

Hello!
I have a laptop with the following specs;
Intel Core i7 7500U 2.7 GHz
16GB DDR4 RAM
Radeon R7 m340 4GB
512 SSD hard drive

I recently bought Borderlands 3. It ran smoothly on my laptop for about 15 mins then it started lagging. The frame rate would drop from 30 FPS to 10 every 30 seconds or so. However, it doesn't do that when I use the AC in my room. The usual temperature here is around 35C. What should I do to fix this? The same problem continues with Metro Exodus and Tyranny. It seemed to me that the issue was with overheating so I bought a cooling pad but it didn't go away. I went to the task manager and there were these spikes in the performance graph. Is there anything I can do to fix the Issue? I've already tried cleaning my laptop. Task manager for GPU and Task manager for CPU. Thanks.
task manager can't tell what temps you are getting, it doesn't track it.

try running hwinfo and look at temps - https://www.hwinfo.com/download/

sure sounds like its to do with ambient temps, because of A/C thing. Maybe you need more cool air around you. There isn't much more you can do with a laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS