Stutters, pls help :(

Jul 2, 2023
Visit site
i have stutters and unstable frametime in many games (rdr2, hogwarts legacy, battlefield 5 with dx12, battlefield 2042, cyberpunk, rust, rainbow six, the last of us). i play 1080p

how to find out the reason of stutters?? which tests do i need to do

i noticed that in many games my shaders and textures loading in the game

i tried:

different xmp profiles (2667 and 3200)
CFG stuff
2560x1440p to reduce cpu loading (but dsr)
reinstalling windows, drivers with ddu, reduced latency
updated bios

PC specs:

GPU: ASUS Dual RTX 4070 OC
CPU: Intel Core i5-12400F
RAM: 16x2 Gammix D45 CL-16
Mother: MSI MAG B660 BAZOOKA DDR4
CPU cooler: DeepCool AK400 white
SSD: Kingston KC3000 1TB
PSU: Cooler Master MWE 750v2 Bronze

GPU AND CPU temps are fine (gpu max ~70)
in MSI afterburner gpu utilization going down when stutters appears

PLS HELP :(

Couple of thoughts, if you lower graphical settings all the way to the lowest do you still get the stutters?

Has the rig always done this, or did it ever work properly?

Are you running latest chipset drivers from mobo manufacturers website and latest BIOS version ?

Latest network drivers installed from manufacturer?

RAM is in correct slots on the mobo according to manual?

Are all the games you are playing online, and does this happen if you play something single player offline?

Reactions: Brian Boru
Jul 2, 2023
Visit site
Couple of thoughts, if you lower graphical settings all the way to the lowest do you still get the stutters?

Are you running latest chipset drivers from mobo manufacturers website and latest BIOS version ?

Are all the games you are playing online, and does this happen if you play something single player offline?
latest drivers and latest bios, ram correct slots, im playing single games but with network on ofc (didnt try to off internet) and i didnt try to lower my settings to the lowest but i will try

Reactions: Kaamos_Llama
i have stutters and unstable frametime in many games (rdr2, hogwarts legacy, battlefield 5 with dx12, battlefield 2042, cyberpunk, rust, rainbow six, the last of us). i play 1080p

how to find out the reason of stutters?? which tests do i need to do

i noticed that in many games my shaders and textures loading in the game

i tried:

different xmp profiles (2667 and 3200)
CFG stuff
2560x1440p to reduce cpu loading (but dsr)
reinstalling windows, drivers with ddu, reduced latency
updated bios

PC specs:

GPU: ASUS Dual RTX 4070 OC
CPU: Intel Core i5-12400F
RAM: 16x2 Gammix D45 CL-16
Mother: MSI MAG B660 BAZOOKA DDR4
CPU cooler: DeepCool AK400 white
SSD: Kingston KC3000 1TB
PSU: Cooler Master MWE 750v2 Bronze

GPU AND CPU temps are fine (gpu max ~70)
in MSI afterburner gpu utilization going down when stutters appears

PLS HELP :(
What anti-virus do you have?

What is your CPU usage during games?

Have you looked in Task Manager to see if there is anything open that is hogging resources?

What programs start automatically when you boot up?

Jul 2, 2023
Visit site

i just tried rdr2 with lowest settings and it seems like no stutters

Jul 2, 2023
Visit site
What anti-virus do you have?

What is your CPU usage during games?

Have you looked in Task Manager to see if there is anything open that is hogging resources?

What programs start automatically when you boot up?
didnt install anti virus
cpu usage is about 40-50 in rdr2, but in bf ~80%
task manager seems fine
steam, discord, ea app, google chrome

Jul 2, 2023
Visit site
Thats interesting, when you take the load off the GPU the stutters stop. Does it do the same across all games?

Have you tried running 3d Mark and comparing against others 4070's? If its way below average could point to something.
forgot to mention stuttering appears in dx12, with vulkan it works fine may be 1 rare stutter in 20 min
ill try 3dmark

OK thats interesting. You also didnt answer earlier as to whether this rig ever worked properly or if this behaviour started at some later point?

You used DDU properly after booting to Windows in Safe mode? Have you tried rolling back to an earlier Nvidia driver version?

Jul 2, 2023
Visit site
OK thats interesting. You also didnt answer earlier as to whether this rig ever worked properly or if this behaviour started at some later point?

You used DDU properly after booting to Windows in Safe mode? Have you tried rolling back to an earlier Nvidia driver version?
no, stutters since i bought new pc, ye i tried with safe mode but i dint try earlier nvidia drivers

GPU seems really good, CPU is probably causing the stuttering. Which is weird considering you said lowering graphical settings in RDR2 eliminated it. Does setting graphics to low in other games make it stop as well?

I know that Hogwarts has some stuttering issues that might just be the game causing it, Last of Us was supposed to be a terrible mess so not surprising if it stutters, that's possible for Cyberpunk as well, not sure about others.

Have you tried removing all non essential peripherals (headphones, speakers external drives etc) , trying the keyboard and mouse in different USB slots? Wouldnt hurt to update all drivers from the MSI website if you didnt already. I/O and IME could affect some stuff as could network possibly.

Using Windows 10 or 11? Tried Game Mode on and off?

Jul 2, 2023
Visit site
GPU seems really good, CPU is probably causing the stuttering. Which is weird considering you said lowering graphical settings in RDR2 eliminated it. Does setting graphics to low in other games make it stop as well?

I know that Hogwarts has some stuttering issues that might just be the game causing it, Last of Us was supposed to be a terrible mess so not surprising if it stutters, that's possible for Cyberpunk as well, not sure about others.

Have you tried removing all non essential peripherals (headphones, speakers external drives etc) , trying the keyboard and mouse in different USB slots? Wouldnt hurt to update all drivers from the MSI website if you didnt already. I/O and IME could affect some stuff as could network possibly.

Using Windows 10 or 11? Tried Game Mode on and off?
i tried cyberpunk on ultra without raytracing and it seems like stutters are gone, i tried to remove all usb devices, and i have stutters when i move my mouse or gamepad. well i think lowering settings helps and i guess its cpu bottleneck

Its a weird one, I'm not convinced that its a CPU bottleneck fully, could still be driver or other software somewhere causing CPU to spike.

Can also be the games themselves, or maybe youre one of those unfortunate people who are very sensitive to microstutters that others dont notice as much.

Anyway, sorry we couldnt find a total fix for you, hope it doesnt spoil the games for you.

Reactions: Brian Boru

TRENDING THREADS