Visit site
Windows 10 Pro 20H2
AMD FX 8350 4GHz
ASRock 970 Pro3 R2.0
Radeon RX 5700 XT
16 GB DDR RAM
OS and games installed on SSD

I've read many threads and tried many things, but here goes:

In every somewhat demanding game I try, I get a massive drop and stutter every couple seconds, even on low settings. It gets worse when there's a lot going on, but between those drops, the games run buttery smooth, Just every now and then, something somewhere causes a hickup. It's not the temps, those stay around 50°C for the CPU and 60-70°C for the GPU. Voltage doesn't fluctuate.
What I see is that during the stutter, GPU usage dips, CPU usage spikes up to 100%, CPU usage percentage for the game that's running DIPS, but I don't see any task that's eating the CPU performance instead. It spikes for no apparent reason.

I realize my CPU and mobo are a bit old for the GPU, but I'm still hoping to find a fix.

I got the latest radoen software, tried deactivating anti virus software, deactivated stuff like onedrive, dropbox and game DVR, and deactivated all thermal throttling in BIOS, radeon software and windows power management to the best of my knowledge. Nothing helps. I'm not looking to improve overall performance. Something more specific is going wrong.

Last edited:
Reactions: Brian Boru