steam stopping pc shutting down

Cant remember if i have asked this question before

When i have been using games on my steam client i have trouble shutting my pc down and a lot of the time when the pc wont shut down i have to use a forced restart button on my pc to do a restart and then it will shut down.

I close steam , i look in task manager to see if the games are still doing a cloud save and i dont see ..... steam is still running message when i try to shut the pc down .

It only seems to happen on games that demand a lot of hardware resourses such as HZD and SATISFACTORY.

I done windows memory diagnosis and all the usual checks , All drivers are up to date and dont have any other problems as far as i am aware.

I have googled all problems that might be caused by a dying cmos battery but none of the answers apply to me , i have avoided replacing the battery because i read that you take it out , wait a while , put the new one in then have to do something to the bios settings which is an area i have ventured into.

Cant remember if i have asked this question before

When i have been using games on my steam client i have trouble shutting my pc down and a lot of the time when the pc wont shut down i have to use a forced restart button on my pc to do a restart and then it will shut down.

I close steam , i look in task manager to see if the games are still doing a cloud save and i dont see ..... steam is still running message when i try to shut the pc down .

It only seems to happen on games that demand a lot of hardware resourses such as HZD and SATISFACTORY.

I done windows memory diagnosis and all the usual checks , All drivers are up to date and dont have any other problems as far as i am aware.

I have googled all problems that might be caused by a dying cmos battery but none of the answers apply to me , i have avoided replacing the battery because i read that you take it out , wait a while , put the new one in then have to do something to the bios settings which is an area i have ventured into.
I've had a problem shutting down when the game I was playing doesn't shut down properly or crashes. It seems to be related to Steam struggling to do its thing with the cloud save. As long as it's still trying to do something with the game you just closed, Steam isn't going to close completely.

Also, I'm sure you are aware of this, but clicking on the "X" on the top right corner doesn't shut Steam down. You have to Click on "Steam" in the top left and then select "exit Steam."

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts