Steam Points: Know what this is? Ever use it? How many do you have?

Page 2 - Love gaming? Join the PC Gamer community to share that passion with gamers all around the world!
I hardly ever use them, and most of the points come from game purchases. Some of the backgrounds and borders are pretty cool, but I just don't spend enough time on my profile, or writing reviews. I'd like to, I just never seem to have enough time. 41, 583 at present.
lCU5Ni4.png

You're right, the prices aren't changing, but people have a LOT more points than they did early on. They've thrown in more and more awards that are worth more and more points over the past few years. I don't know what they'll do after 10 years. (Points never expire!)
After 10 years you get a hologram avatar that jumps out of your screen.

I actually came across you on another forum with the same Avatar, VGR forums maybe? Or something similar along those lines. I thought what was the chances 😂
I hang out on IGN forums about as much as here, but I've been there a long time. I also hang out on a small forum focused on Nintendo stuff, but only because I've migrated around to a few different forums with some of those same people since before the Wii U was released.

We were a part of the Wii U Forums, which became Nintendo Today, which was a decent sized forum before it died. When that forum died, I got everyone to migrate to an empty forum at this guy's web site, called Nintendo Playroom. He had a news website with a forum that nobody had posted in, and all of the sudden, he found himself with a very active forum. Haha. I was a mod at Nintendo Today, and this guy asked me and a couple other people to mod his forum, since I surprised him with an out of the box community. Then that guy gave up his site, so another one of us started his own forum, and a few of us who were left migrated over there, which is where we are now. It's called Mario Mansion. Thankfully, I'm not a mod there, and I don't plan on ever doing that again.

But it was probably IGN where you saw me.

I don't care about this in the slightest, but am curious—I have nearly 700 games there and 2K points, while lots of you have tens of thousands of points.

So there must be some other mechanism for acquiring points beyond just recent purchases, yeah?

As you can see in Mainer's post, you get points if someone gives you an award for your "Steam community discussion post".

Not sure how the whole point shop works, but I decided to update my profile with a background animation and portrait frame. Looks better now so thanks for the thread about it. @Brian Boru I'm guessing some of my points come from giving awards to other people, buying games/reviews (I have just a few reviews so must work on that) & participating in different Steam events like the Steam Summer Event.

ToxicOffender

BANNED
Sep 5, 2022
Visit site
Another one of those fancy kewl Steam-Things pointless to me, as i am rather never rating others reviews and i must say i don´t even have any clue what to do with those to begin with, guess i just don´t care too much about it.

The only thing i found out years ago, was that there ain´t no chance in making money with those points, so then i knew i could have 1,000,000 of those fancy points and gadgets and them still being "useless".

Reactions: Brian Boru

TRENDING THREADS