Working from home? Show us your setup!

Page 2 - Love gaming? Join the PC Gamer community to share that passion with gamers all around the world!

SHaines

Community Manager
Staff member
I'm really digging these setups! I built my current PC several years ago, so the tech is good, but nowhere near the epicness some of you are rocking.

My guess is that next Black Friday will be the time I finally cave and start from scratch with an all new build.

Jan 13, 2020
Visit site
I'm really digging these setups! I built my current PC several years ago, so the tech is good, but nowhere near the epicness some of you are rocking.

My guess is that next Black Friday will be the time I finally cave and start from scratch with an all new build.
post your actual build what´s amazing about the pcplataform is that everyone gets to custumize your own , doesnt matter how powerfull it is or slow , you can always improve =)

SHaines

Community Manager
Staff member
post your actual build what´s amazing about the pcplataform is that everyone gets to custumize your own , doesnt matter how powerfull it is or slow , you can always improve =)

I might get something posted this weekend. I want to make sure things are going smoothly here on the forums before worrying about tidying up and all that.

Plus, I'm a pretty hardcore minimalist and some people definitely find it weird that I don't have any physical media, trinkets, posters, pictures, or anything. Now that the warning is out there, we should be good. :D

Reactions: neofallen
Jan 13, 2020
Visit site
I might get something posted this weekend. I want to make sure things are going smoothly here on the forums before worrying about tidying up and all that.

Plus, I'm a pretty hardcore minimalist and some people definitely find it weird that I don't have any physical media, trinkets, posters, pictures, or anything. Now that the warning is out there, we should be good. :D
=) great !!! and thumbs up for the forums being so welcoming to new members like me =)

Jan 13, 2020
Visit site
BxjRJNk.jpg

That Alfa livery really was a beaut eh

Some real nice setups here! Props to you guys.

The picture came out looking a little dark, but I guess that's how I usually see it. When her ladyship is in bed I retire to my little corner in the loft and step through my own little dark portal.

BjsLMRA.jpg

The desk is jokingly referred to by the internet as the Reddit IKEA Special, i.e. the same desk that everyone on r/battlestations has these days. I just love the look of it. I try to keep my setup as tidy as possible, but of course there's always a cup of coffee and some sweets within reach. As you can see, I like Star Wars, I like owls, I like mythology and I like my little planted aquarium. The plant on the right has seen better days, but that's mostly because my cats like to nibble on it when I'm not looking. We own 3 of the not-so-little devils.

The PC I built myself, and the specs are as follows:

Motherboard:MSI B450M Mortar
CPU:AMD Ryzen 7 2700X
RAM:G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz CL14
GPU:MSI GeForce RTX 2070 Armor
Cooler:Arctic Freezer 33 eSports Edition
Case:NZXT H400
M.2 SSD:Crucial MX500 (1TB)
SATA SSD: Samsung 860 QVO (1TB)
Monitor:LG UltraGear 34UC89G-B

Mouse and keyboard are both wireless Logitech peripherals and the speakers are Argon Audio Forte A4's. The headphones are a pair of Philips open-back cans, but I can't remember what model they are. Fidelio X2's, maybe?

Anyway, hope you like it!

Zoid

Community Contributor
Anyway, hope you like it!
I, like... like like it. The plants, the super tidy cable management and generally clean desk, the sexy ultrawide, the speakers, the back-lighting, the clean case (I have the baby brother H210i), and those awesome Star Wars retro travel posters. This setup is entirely my jam. My OCD side wants the posters to be centered over the monitor, but that wall outlet doesn't leave you that option, so I'll overcome that. :p

Really awesome work, dude. And a nicely specced PC, too!

Reactions: Rensje
Jan 11, 2020
Visit site
How does everyone have such clean desks? I have bills, tax papers, family pics, spare hard drives, and all kinds of crap on my desk.
I play in the living room so my coffee table is the closest thing to a desk, and it's covered in Star Wars toys (from the Legion, Armada and X-Wing miniatures games) and packets of biscuits.

Zoid

Community Contributor
I treated myself to some Black Friday deals this past fall so that I could be one of the cool kids with a modern gaming setup. This was my project over Christmas and was a ton of fun to build.

Setup 3 (A).jpg

I loved building in this case. For anyone looking for a compact case in between a mid tower and a tiny HTPC, I definitely recommend the H210i. The build quality and cable management solutions are great.

Setup 3 (B).jpg

It's so hard to buy gaming components unadorned by LEDs these days that I just embraced it. So I should be getting 5-10 extra frames I figure, maybe more if I add more colors to the color scheme.

Specs
CPUAMD Ryzen 7 3800X
CoolerNZXT Kraken M22
MotherboardGigabyte B450 I Aorus Pro WiFi Mini ITX
RAMG.Skill Trident Z Neo 16GB DDR4-3600
GPUEVGA GeForce GTX 1070
Storage1TB Intel 660p M.2 NVMe + 500GB Samsung 850 EVO
Power SupplySeasonic FOCUS GX-650
CaseNZXT H210i

Setup 3 (C).jpg

I love seeing all of the super nice desks and fancy monitors that people have, I just don't have one! I sit at a desk most of the day already, so if I'm going to sit down at home I prefer to kick my feet up, sink into the couch, crank up the volume, and play on the big screen.

Last edited:
Jan 15, 2020
Visit site
A lot of nice setups here. I'm yet to find a reason to upgrade my workhorse 1060. 2ghz clock pumping out 60 FPS on 1080p High/Ultra playing Outer Worlds, Witcher 3, Empyrion, Res Evil and others. Likely struggle on Metro Exodus and RDR2 (we'll see).

No pic from me yet but just added a third monitor today

I treated myself to some Black Friday deals this past fall so that I could be one of the cool kids with a modern gaming setup. This was my project over Christmas and was a ton of fun to build.

View attachment 219

I loved building in this case. For anyone looking for a compact case in between a mid tower and a tiny HTPC, I definitely recommend the H210i. The build quality and cable management solutions are great.

Great setup and lovely job on the build! What cable extensions did you use, might I ask? I love the clean look of tidy cables and the closed cable combs really provide volume and show them off beautifully. Did you buy them like that or did you make them yourself? I read somewhere that you have to undo the connector at the end of the PSU cable to attach closed cable combs like that yourself, and that's a bit too scary for me to attempt.

TRENDING THREADS