Should Steam require a "Game Over" achievement that gets posted on sales pages along with "Time to Beat"?

I dont think steam would be interested in making any sort of table to prove how many completed a game and how long it took them but their is a way to do it.

On the discussion page of the game you could start a thread called say ..... completion list and then to prove you have done it you would need 2 screen shots , 1 showing something like the credits scrolling at the end and 1 screenshot showing the part of your steam interface where the time played info is visible.

You would also need to get somebody to pin the thread so it stayed at the top of thread list or it would eventually get pushed down with all the old threads.

Reactions: ZedClampet
But how many games have a proper finish point or ending these days?

With ARPGS, Live Service, Simulation and Survival games I would say that we might be at the point that there are as many games that don't have endings as games that do.

Reactions: Brian Boru
But how many games have a proper finish point or ending these days?

With ARPGS, Live Service, Simulation and Survival games I would say that we might be at the point that there are as many games that don't have endings as games that do.
That's not really a problem, though. You just have to draw a line in the sand somewhere, and when they cross it, they get the achievement even if they keep playing for years.

But I've abandoned this idea, anyway, because hardly anyone finishes games whether they are good or not.

Zloth

Community Contributor
But I've abandoned this idea, anyway, because hardly anyone finishes games whether they are good or not.
I've been looking at that metric (such as it is) for years. It's tricky sometimes because the 'you win' achievement either isn't obvious or they divide it up, depending on which ending you get. (You can't just add the latter together because often times people will re-load a late game save to see a different ending.)

20-25% is pretty normal for a typical 60 hour game, at least by the time I'm looking at buying it. BG3's "All's well that ends well" achievement is for finishing that game and it has just over a 20% completion rate. That's a little lower than I would expect, even for the longer game, given how much people seem to like it - but there it is.

TRENDING THREADS