Safe to Post these?

Hello

I am having trouble trying to game with my brand new 12th gen system which makes no sense... and will make a different post about this soon (so don't focus on that here ok).

However, first - I wanted to check if it is safe/ok to post my DXDiag.txt and MS info.nfo/txt to see if anyone can identify any issues in there?
Is there much personally identifying info in there, IP addresses, login info/emails, vulnerabilities etc that someone could exploit through hacking or identity theft etc?

Also - apart from system specs - are there any other software tests, documents etc that I should run to post with my thread which might help determine the problem/s?

Thank you for your help

Hello

I am having trouble trying to game with my brand new 12th gen system which makes no sense... and will make a different post about this soon (so don't focus on that here ok).

Can you tell me what software to use (free and paid); to run Diagnostic and/or Stress Tests on my system to rule out my hardware while trying to fix my gaming issues?
Obviously I want to test the GPU, should I also test the RAM, Storage drives (I assume only the System and Gaming Drives?), anything else?

BTW it's all brand new gear - all up to date too.

See my System Specs in my Signature - and I have:

2 x 1TB Samsung 980 Pros (System drive)
1 x 2TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus (Gaming drive)
3 x 8TB Seagate Barracuda 5400rpm

Thank you for your help

Been a while since I spent any real time overclocking anything but here's a few..

For the GPU

3D Mark free and paid versions.
Uniengine Superposition

For the CPU

Cinebench R23
Prime 95 (very hard on CPU with AVX enabled, hot!)

For RAM

HCI Memtest (1 instance for each CPU thread) to 1000%
Prime 95 Blend test set to 90% of system RAM

I used Asus Realbench a bit a few years ago and it seemed quite good for stressing both CPU and GPU, simulating a realistic full system load for temp monitoring, for example. I've read people say its not very good for stability testing these days though.

Other people swear by AIDA64 but I've never really used it, it has a paid version and I believe does CPU and RAM.

• Love
Reactions: Brian Boru

Zloth

Community Contributor
DxDiag's output is pretty huge. I'm not sure the forums would even allow it.

Try going to the Help menu in Steam, then select the System Information. That has a lot of info without making 90K of text. There's a couple of items toward the end that are hashes of identifying things. It shouldn't be possible to undo those hashes and get the actual info, but it's also not going to be interesting to anyone here, so you can just cut out the MAC address hash and disk serial number hash.

Reactions: Brian Boru

TRENDING THREADS