Recommend a Retro Gaming Console?

Jul 15, 2023
Visit site
I'm looking for a retro gaming console with some pretty specific requirements and so far haven't hit on one that fits the entire bill. So I wonder if I could get some recommendations based on:

- Must include Atari, Colecovision, NES, Sega, and perhaps MAME Arcade titles
- Ideally would include a paddle controller or "spinner" (that actually works) for games like Breakout and Kaboom
- Ideally would work on its own (ie - No PC required) and connect to TV (HDMI) - but if a PC is required, that would be OK too.
- Easy to set-up and use.

Does such an animal (or something close to it) exist? If so, I'd appreciate hearing about it. If you can provide a link for where to buy it, that would be great too.

Thanks!

Sep 17, 2023
Visit site
I'm looking for a retro gaming console with some pretty specific requirements and so far haven't hit on one that fits the entire bill. So I wonder if I could get some recommendations based on:

- Must include Atari, Colecovision, NES, Sega, and perhaps MAME Arcade titles
- Ideally would include a paddle controller or "spinner" (that actually works) for games like Breakout and Kaboom
- Ideally would work on its own (ie - No PC required) and connect to TV (HDMI) - but if a PC is required, that would be OK too.
- Easy to set-up and use.

Does such an animal (or something close to it) exist? If so, I'd appreciate hearing about it. If you can provide a link for where to buy it, that would be great too.

Thanks!
I understand your specific requirements for a retro gaming console. Based on your criteria, I recommend looking into the "Atari Flashback" series or the "SEGA Genesis Mini." These consoles typically come pre-loaded with a variety of classic games, including Atari, NES, and Sega titles. They often have HDMI output for easy TV connection and come with controllers that resemble the original ones.

• Haha
Reactions: neogunhero

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts