Quiz: name that game

Page 88 - Love gaming? Join the PC Gamer community to share that passion with gamers all around the world!
PCGUk gave it 40%
Are you sure? Very odd if so, since PCG US gave it 79%, and it has 75% on both GameRankings and MetaCritic. I know the UK side are a bit under par, but that much…? :D

I played it a couple of times, it was fun mainly due to being in the C&C universe. Outside that, I'd rate it around 60 these days, since I don't like that kind of repetitive linear shooter. Still, it was in the top 100 US games in the first 7 years of the century sales, so clearly well received by the gaming public.

runs like an electrocuted dog
:D
Was that the game performance, or some other attribute? Ran fine for me at the time. Would explain the 40% if he couldn't get it to run properly.

Oh well… since the guy clearly doesn't know an electrocuted dog wouldn't be doing any running—or moving of any kind—maybe he's an outlier best ignored :p

Reactions: Pifanjr
Are you sure? Very odd if so, since PCG US gave it 79%, and it has 75% on both GameRankings and MetaCritic. I know the UK side are a bit under par, but that much…? :D

I played it a couple of times, it was fun mainly due to being in the C&C universe. Outside that, I'd rate it around 60 these days, since I don't like that kind of repetitive linear shooter. Still, it was in the top 100 US games in the first 7 years of the century sales, so clearly well received by the gaming public.

:D
Was that the game performance, or some other attribute? Ran fine for me at the time. Would explain the 40% if he couldn't get it to run properly.

Oh well… since the guy clearly doesn't know an electrocuted dog wouldn't be doing any running—or moving of any kind—maybe he's an outlier best ignored :p

Pretty sure. i had the magazine and was reviewed by jim rossignal at the time. i had hoped someone had uploaded a copy of the magazine on archive.org so i could show it but alas no. There was some controversy over the score as well, same with the original hitman game when Kieron Gillian gave it 56% when everyone gave it glowing reviews. But that's a different story. I've not played renegade so can't comment on the game, the electrocuted dog message was the technical performance on how the game ran.

EDIT:
the closest i got to Jim's review for renegade was his review of command and conquer the first decade. This was the only paragrapth to show his hatred for the game:

"Command & Conquer: Renegade. Hahahaha! Did you actually play this? The first-person shooter of the RTS... No, no, NO. I'm getting queasy just thinking about it. Going back and playing it, well, again, no. This is an appalling atrocity of gaming craft. This is one of those games where the idea, the pitch - of playing as the Commando on the cartoonish field of C&C war - was genius, and the reality something more like the dreams of a starving hobo clown. Move on! "

Last edited:
Jan 14, 2020
My turn. Has been a while since i've played the guess game in the forum so apologies if repeated:

Note: this is slightly cropped capture from a youtube gameplay. didn't want it to be to easely findable, but I think anyone familiar with the game will recognize some details.

Jan 14, 2020
My guess lies on The Amazing Spiderman. Probably totally wrong :LOL:
Is not amazing spiderman.

So theres a game in which you only wash? :D I can only guess that this would be a perfect marriage killer...
Following that logic, I think that this game could start some fights on a marriage...... (i'm single so I wouldn't know)

another clue: there is some washing in the game

Reactions: Pifanjr

ASK THE COMMUNITY