Quiz: name that game

Page 5 - Love gaming? Join the PC Gamer community to share that passion with gamers all around the world!

OsaX Nymloth

Community Contributor
Jan 29, 2020
nerdomancer.pl
I think it's either Evil Islands or Pool of Radiance: Ruins of Myth Drannor.
Not sure I'm allowed two guesses at once but hey, we gotta keep it going.
First one is the hit!

It's the ogre from Evil Islands, a small gem of a cRPG from Nival Interartive that boasted one of the first (and quite solid even to this day) crafting system and interesting world/mechanics.
That ogre is one of the first "big & scary" enemies that can one shot player character for most of "act I" and killing first one (preferably with a mixture of headshot AND backstab) is an achievement on it's own!

Your turn ;]

Mar 9, 2020
Negative. This game is newer. (EDIT: I also, almost assuridly, have the last kill in the game as of typing this. It's been dead for a while now but there are still a couple servers up somehow)

Last edited:
Jan 14, 2020
After googling the exact phrase "Your team has no commander" and check a few pics a hud stood up:
That is Nuclear Dawn.
Also read a little about it. In a steam forum post, one guy was trying to convince veteran players to go a little easy on newbs because of the population issues the game had (this was 2016 - with a few good arguments there-) and another vet telling him -basically- to %&ck off.

Mar 9, 2020
After googling the exact phrase "Your team has no commander" and check a few pics a hud stood up:
That is Nuclear Dawn.
Also read a little about it. In a steam forum post, one guy was trying to convince veteran players to go a little easy on newbs because of the population issues the game had (this was 2016 - with a few good arguments there-) and another vet telling him -basically- to %&ck off.
That is indeed the game. I only played it a bit but it was a good mix of powerful gun play and strategic map control.

Jan 14, 2020
I knew it. Too easy. Anyway, I picked that image because I found it too funny (in a dark way) how all the bad guys were aligned while dying (there should be more but the engine made them dissapear).

@Pifanjr, your turn

Reactions: Pifanjr
Jan 14, 2020
I was thinking more a fantasy RTS of old; but can't remember the name. I'll be back when I get it :p

[EDIT] remembered. Maybe Majesty or Spellforce?

Jan 17, 2020
is that...? a whip light-saber-thingy? a "lightwhip" if you will?
It most certainly is. I tried looking for a gif, as the way they move is pretty funny, but I couldn't find any.

I was thinking more a fantasy RTS of old; but can't remember the name. I'll be back when I get it

[EDIT] remembered. Maybe Majesty or Spellforce?
Neither.

I'll give a little hint:
The picture is of an enemy and the green circle underneath acts both as a health meter and to show which enemy you're attacking.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

Latest posts