Quiz: name that game

Page 30 - Love gaming? Join the PC Gamer community to share that passion with gamers all around the world!
Noice.

After playing POE Heist league, i felt that i needed to regain my honor that was lost. But first, i hit the dojo to train before i take out some yakuza scum.

So... What have i been playing?

Karateka, the HD reboot. (Now in stunning 800x600 graphics!)
it is NOT Karateka. but i can understand why. As per my usual tradition, heres another screenshot the game! tbh the game has only one map and its a square:

So there you have it. if its still too difficult, i'll show other parts of the map and if we're really stumped, bigger clues!

Ok this is probably one of the last screenshots of the game. There isn't really much more to give without giving the answer. So perhaps a picture of the main character? maybe you've seen this screenshot on your way around steam?

Ok looks like no takers. We're going for the biggest clues now (apart from giving you all the name of the game). Its by the makers of windrunners. Its set in Mega-Tokyo.

That should get you the answers!

McStabStab

Community Contributor
Jan 13, 2020
Looks like a game called Akane and it's a $5 title on steam with mostly good reviews albeit a seemingly small player base. Like I said before it kinda reminds me of Ruiner.

Reactions: Johnway
Looks like a game called Akane and it's a $5 title on steam with mostly good reviews albeit a seemingly small player base. Like I said before it kinda reminds me of Ruiner.

CORRECT! it is in fact Akane! a fun arcade game let down by a couple of bugs. The main one being that parry stops working for some reason. So if a gunman enters the fray, its game over. I did find some slightly ropey collision detection as well, but meh, for the price it was a fantastic distraction. Its a bit of shame that its only an a single arena last stand sort of thing, it felt like it could have been so much much more.

all yours mcstabstab!

ASK THE COMMUNITY