Questions & Gripes

Europeans and geography in regards to a lot of system build request on tech sites. The usual thread goes something like this ... and it only takes seven post to find out what country the OP lives in. Seriously ask a Canadian or an American what country they live in and they sure in the h3ll aren't going to say something like 'I live in North America'.

OP: 'I'm looking for a €2000 gaming build '
Me: 'What country are you located and what is your resolution'
OP: 'I'm located in Europe'
Me: 'What country in Europe'
OP: 'The EU'
Me; 'The EU is not a country and btw Europe is a continent' Now which one of these countries on the map do you reside in'

europe-map-5715321.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: Brian Boru
Is this thread…
…still valid, or do we need a shorter bullet-point style post to paste in a response?

Reactions: Why_Me
Is this thread…
…still valid, or do we need a shorter bullet-point style post to paste in a response?
It happens on multiple sites such including Tom's and they have the same pinned thread. I probably shouldn't have started this thread but oh well.

Is this thread…
btw I read a book in middle school about Brian Boru the High King of Ireland and how he defeated the Vikings. Solid book and it always stuck in my head.

• Love
Can it really be called a gaming build when someone spends twice the amount of money on case, fans, and AIO than they do on their gpu?
maybe

I mean, if you order an 011 Dynamic you need to fill it with fans (like you know) and some people like their bling. Those fans can soon add up in cost. I only have 3 Noctuas in my case but they cost $50 each.

Some cases are worth spending the money on.
I have been waiting for Silverstone to release an updated version of my last case. They showed one off in 2019 but I haven't seen it show up since.
https://www.techpowerup.com/forums/threads/silverstone-alta-s1.256207/ was as close as it got.

Soon you might be able to game on APU so there won't be a price for a GPU.

I don't know if I ever spent more on Case than GPU but in the last few PC, the case has taken me longer to pick than any other part in PC.

maybe

I mean, if you order an 011 Dynamic you need to fill it with fans (like you know) and some people like their bling. Those fans can soon add up in cost. I only have 3 Noctuas in my case but they cost $50 each.

Some cases are worth spending the money on.
I have been waiting for Silverstone to release an updated version of my last case. They showed one off in 2019 but I haven't seen it show up since.
https://www.techpowerup.com/forums/threads/silverstone-alta-s1.256207/ was as close as it got.

Soon you might be able to game on APU so there won't be a price for a GPU.

I don't know if I ever spent more on Case than GPU but in the last few PC, the case has taken me longer to pick than any other part in PC.
The 011 along with that Hyte 60 are build killers when a budget is involved. I call them enthusiast builds and not so much gaming builds. These people are spending $200 in fans, another $150+ for AIO and the cost of DDR5 RGB RAM is off the hook atm.

Last edited:
i started out using cases that would cut you with sharp edges, its nice that all the well known case makers at least round edges off now.
I build PC to last at least 5 years so having a nice case I have to look at all that time is worth it to me.
I have generally gone with cases that include their own fans. This time was only time I have ever replaced the fans in a PC but then last 2 previous to this were SIlverstone cases and the one prior to them was a Lian Li... so cheap cases are a distant memory for me. My 1st 2 PC were literally in the cheapest boxes I could find. I have probably over adjusted... just like I did with PSU makers. Went from really bad to Seasonic, can't really get much better.

I haven't looked at next gen PC as I have 32gb of ram now and want to get my money worth. I have seen it suggested DDR 5 should start at 64gb of ram, mainly as the dims can all hold more now. 256gb is not the max we will see on those motherboards going forward.

More likely to just get a 5800x3d and use this for a few more years.

TRENDING THREADS