Question about Nintendo Switch

Jun 12, 2022
Visit site
Are there Nintendo Switch games that can't be played offline without a Nintendo Online subscription? Which games? I have zero interest in getting a subscription. I want to be able to play any game I want offline without any restrictions. I mean games you have to buy. Not the free retro games only available online. I don't want to buy a game for Nintendo Switch and find out later it can't be played without a subscription. Thanks.

I don't think you need a subscription for these but they can't be played offline.

A list of cloud streaming games:

there might be a few more but I think the vast majority of games will be playable offline.
I totally forgot cloud gaming exists on the Switch, good point.

Mar 6, 2024
Visit site
Are there Nintendo Switch games that can't be played offline without a Nintendo Online subscription? Which games? I have zero interest in getting a subscription. I want to be able to play any game I want offline without any restrictions. I mean games you have to buy. Not the free retro games only available online. I don't want to buy a game for Nintendo Switch and find out later it can't be played without a subscription. Thanks.
As of my last update in January 2022, Nintendo Switch games that require a Nintendo Switch Online subscription to access online features typically allow offline play without any restrictions. However, it's essential to note that certain games might offer additional features or online multiplayer modes that necessitate a Nintendo Switch Online subscription to utilize fully tiplayer modes. Always review game descriptions and user reviews to confirm offline playability before making a purchase.

• Haha
Reactions: Brian Boru

Zloth

Community Contributor
Lol, I know it's wrote by AI, but realise something that if it can help him why not to use in good way?
Well, the question was 'what games can be played offline with no restrictions?' Your AI's answer was that most games can be played offline, but with restrictions. AI just ain't up to answering a lot of questions yet. Even when it gets there, it will just reflect whatever is in popular searches. Getting high rankings on searches is something companies and governments have been practicing for a couple of decades now.

Reactions: Brian Boru

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts