Quantic Dream Games.

LFW

May 27, 2020
Visit site
Hello everyone, I'm wondering if there's many fans of Quantic Dream's games on the forum?
There all coming to steam now aswell.

My favorite is Fahrenheit from back in 2005. Whats yours and why?

Reactions: Frindis
I like them well enough. I've only played Omikron: The Nomad Soul, Fahrenheit, and just a little bit into Heavy Rain so far. I do also own Beyond: Two Souls and Detroit: Become Human, but haven't got around to them yet.

While they can be laughable and groan worthy at times, I always find a lot to be liked in them. I find them at leats quite interesting if not completely enjoyable all the time. I think Nomad Soul is my favorite. A game with an identity crisis (is it a shooter or a fighter or and adventure?) for sure, but a neat world and premise and of course Bowie. Hasn't aged well though. I'd love a remake.

Reactions: LFW and Frindis
Welcome to the forums @LFW I enjoyed Fahrenheit a lot as it had a nice flow and you had to think on your feet so to speak. I do believe I found the ending to be a bit meh, but I can't remember quite away. Perhaps the combat was particularly bad at the last act.

Omikron: The Nomad Soul I tried recently for the first time and it is quite clunky. I stopped playing after beating some robot in a warehouse, but I might pick it up in the future again. Music is great and the story seems interesting, I'm just not so sure about the rest.

Reactions: LFW

LFW

May 27, 2020
Visit site
I like them well enough. I've only played Omikron: The Nomad Soul, Fahrenheit, and just a little bit into Heavy Rain so far. I do also own Beyond: Two Souls and Detroit: Become Human, but haven't got around to them yet.

While they can be laughable and groan worthy at times, I always find a lot to be liked in them. I find them at leats quite interesting if not completely enjoyable all the time. I think Nomad Soul is my favorite. A game with an identity crisis (is it a shooter or a fighter or and adventure?) for sure, but a neat world and premise and of course Bowie. Hasn't aged well though. I'd love a remake.

The Nomad Soul was such a strange game I remember playing it back in 99 and being enthralled by it. You are 100% correct on how badly its aged....talk about boxy polygons, but at the time I thought it was the **** ...so to speak.

What I've always wondered is how do we give these games a clearly defined genre?, as you stated they have an Identity crisis.

LFW

May 27, 2020
Visit site
Welcome to the forums @LFW I enjoyed Fahrenheit a lot as it had a nice flow and you had to think on your feet so to speak. I do believe I found the ending to be a bit meh, but I can't remember quite away. Perhaps the combat was particularly bad at the last act.

Omikron: The Nomad Soul I tried recently for the first time and it is quite clunky. I stopped playing after beating some robot in a warehouse, but I might pick it up in the future again. Music is great and the story seems interesting, I'm just not so sure about the rest.

Hello, yes the combat was awful in Fahrenheit, but I love that game. The Nomad Soul is a difficult one to replay....I started playing it with anticipation a few months back but, like you, surrendered to its aged graphics and controls.

I wonder what their next game will be? Lets hope it doesn't suck.

Reactions: Frindis

TRENDING THREADS