Question Potential Upgrades for my Franken-PC

Dec 23, 2020
Visit site
So I built a gaming PC about 4-5 years ago with the following specs. Corsair steel tower, tons of space. Asus Z270A Prime mobo, Intel i5 7400k processor, 32GB Corsair RAM 3000 MHz, twin fan liquid cooler, 750W gold power supply, 3TB hard drive and a 256GB SSD for the operating system. Don't think I left anything out, but I am getting to the point where she is struggling to run some of the newer games with good graphics and solid frame rates. Now part of that is me wanting to be able to crank my graphics and all the settings that strain the system up to ultra and still have a flawless game. Any advice for upgrades? I know the processor and graphics card are probably first on the chopping block. However, I don't know if it would be better to take out the mobo at the same time and install something better? I honestly havent been paying attention to hardware upgrades and new releases so I'm kinda clueless about what the best stuff on the market is anymore, though now I have enough money that I could actually afford some quality parts, moreso than when I first built this PC. Thanks!

Oct 2, 2020
Visit site
as above due to the lack of your current graphics card, any cpu upgrade would require a new motherboard as the 8xxx series and above has a different socket.

TRENDING THREADS