Question POST and failure,,,, it somewhat lives

Dec 17, 2020
Visit site
ok new power supply came, it turned on fine.... it gave the startup bios screen, i hit the button to go into the setup..
It was going good, everything was displayed. I saw no heading listing for GPU though i was getting the hdmi feed just fine.
I looked at the memory category and only 1 stick was listed, slot A2. So i looked in my case and everything seemed fine, so WHILE IT WAS RUNNING i attempted to adjust slot B2,,,, i accidentally removed the stick in slot A2 and the system shut down.
at the same time, my memory is listed on the box as 3200 mhz, but the bios was listing it at 2660.
I reinserted both sticks, and since that moment, the system turns ON....
except
  1. no output from GPU
  2. system WILL NOT turn OFF except by turning the PSU power switch to off.
  3. System doesnt care if the ram sticks are in the slots or not.
i did not exit the BIOS by using the exit menu... I didnt know the way to exit as i only READ the easy mode page, and the easy mode page doesnt explain how to exit.

Do you have another mobo you can test your ram sticks in to make sure they still work? I dont want to say you broke them by removing them while your PC was on, but you mightve.

The 2660 could be that you dont have your pc overclocked to 3200 mhz, or it was just the amount being used at the time it was registered.

Dec 17, 2020
Visit site
i have NOTHING that i can use them on.. my other computer that im using to GET ONLINE with,, is barely functional and im NOT going to go ******* about with it because if THAT dies i have no choice but to get a premade piece of crap at walmart just to communicate with customer support to get my new one going.

THe ram kit is speced at 3200 on the box.... its supposed to be that way.

Dec 17, 2020
Visit site
Well lady luck smiled upon me today.. i have had the system off, with PSU off for 18 hours with a 1 minute time of jumping the clear cmos jumper with a screw driver.

Turned her on, took about a minute of holding the delete key down, and suddenly amidst the tears of failure, i saw the startup screen.

Got through it and set my DRAM to the listed 3200, and both sticks now supported. I think its an issue with the ram sticks, they dont seem to fit into the slots perfectly.

TRENDING THREADS