Positive aspects of gaming

Page 2 - Love gaming? Join the PC Gamer community to share that passion with gamers all around the world!
Again not only by playing against gamers, AI is also being developed in conjunction with game design and gameplay.
One of the reasons I don't like the trend of multiplayer-only gaming is because it makes the devs lazy with the advancement of AI in games. If you're playing against real people, there isn't as much need for AI. We've seen crazy advancements of AI in other areas, but I'd like to go back to single player games and see some of that put to use in gaming, too.

One of the reasons I don't like the trend of multiplayer-only gaming is because it makes the devs lazy with the advancement of AI in games. If you're playing against real people, there isn't as much need for AI. We've seen crazy advancements of AI in other areas, but I'd like to go back to single player games and see some of that put to use in gaming, too.
I suppose it's good to have many options;multipalyer,co-op, single. But you're right they need to implement the more advanced AI in single player gaming. I imagine RD2 single player, where honour level has more effect and out in the open world it's much more random and interactive and like the real world, new interactions and new stories are happening everyday.

The shift I think is going to be, wheras a film is designed to have mass appeal and everyone views pretty much the same linear narrative.

With single player gaming it will be each player's unique experience, unique narrative and the game world generates around their protagonist. Which hopefully they have created themselves(even Skyrim did that).

Here's a light vid on topic>
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NPuYtHZud0o&ab_channel=TheVerge

I suppose it's good to have many options;multipalyer,co-op, single. But you're right they need to implement the more advanced AI in single player gaming. I imagine RD2 single player, where honour level has more effect and out in the open world it's much more random and interactive and like the real world, new interactions and new stories are happening everyday.

The shift I think is going to be, wheras a film is designed to have mass appeal and everyone views pretty much the same linear narrative.

With single player gaming it will be each player's unique experience, unique narrative and the game world generates around their protagonist. Which hopefully they have created themselves(even Skyrim did that).

Here's a light vid on topic>
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NPuYtHZud0o&ab_channel=TheVerge
With better AI, I envision a game like Skyrim where each character has a background story and current purpose, and the dialog is intelligently figured from that instead of being a set dialog. The NPCs would say something different every time, but logical to what their situation is, and even affected by your own actions. With things like Alexa, synthetic speech is getting so advanced that it would be possible to do that and still even have "voice acting." Even what they're currently doing could be based on an AI, instead of just being on a set routine. Those are the kinds of things I'd like to see from gaming AI.

With better AI, I envision a game like Skyrim where each character has a background story and current purpose, and the dialog is intelligently figured from that instead of being a set dialog. The NPCs would say something different every time, but logical to what their situation is, and even affected by your own actions. With things like Alexa, synthetic speech is getting so advanced that it would be possible to do that and still even have "voice acting." Even what they're currently doing could be based on an AI, instead of just being on a set routine. Those are the kinds of things I'd like to see from gaming AI.

Some of this stuff is what Dwarf Fortress has been trying to do for a long time now. And fairly successfully considering. All of that stuff takes a lot of development time though, this isn't really the kind of stuff you can let a computer generate automatically without a lot of developer input.

TRENDING THREADS