Question (Poll) GTA 6 is being announced in December. Will it launch day one on PC?

Will GTA VI launch on PC at the same time it launches on consoles?

• Yes

Votes: 7 46.7%
  • No, and it will never come to PC

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • No, but it will come to PC within a couple of years of its launch on console

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • No, but it will come to PC when the next generation of consoles come out

Votes: 1 6.7%

• Total voters
The GTA games are some of the biggest games on the planet. SteamSpy estimates that the game has sold 58 million copies on Steam. The total sales for the game are estimated to be 185 million, which includes sales on 3 generations of consoles. So PC has been a nice chunk of their business, but we all know Rockstar's history of delayed PC releases. Despite this, the main site seems to be acting like we're going to get a PC announcement when the game is announced in December.

Just for fun, I asked Bing AI this question and it responded, "GTA 6 will likely come to PC, but not at the same time as the console versions."

I asked Bing AI

Always good to get a 2nd opinion, so:

Q "will Video Game gta6 launch on PC at the same time as on consoles?"

A "In the past, PC ports for Rockstar games have followed years after their console releases. So, it’s possible that this could also be the case with GTA 6. We’ll have to wait for more details on GTA 6’s release date and platforms. Please note that this information is based on rumors and speculation, and the actual details may vary."

Decent answer.

Zloth

Community Contributor
I asked Bing AI if Bjork would launch on PC at the same time as consoles, because I like to make programs break. Sadly, Microsoft was able to foil my evil plans. For now.

I’m sorry for the confusion, but it seems there might be a misunderstanding. Björk is a renowned Icelandic singer and songwriter, not a video game. However, she has expressed her admiration for the video game “Journey”, which she mentioned in an interview1. If you’re asking about a different game, could you please provide more details? I’ll do my best to find the information you’re looking for.

Always good to get a 2nd opinion, so:

Q "will Video Game gta6 launch on PC at the same time as on consoles?"

A "In the past, PC ports for Rockstar games have followed years after their console releases. So, it’s possible that this could also be the case with GTA 6. We’ll have to wait for more details on GTA 6’s release date and platforms. Please note that this information is based on rumors and speculation, and the actual details may vary."

Decent answer.
It actually gave me a very long answer where it started off saying the answer was unknown, and then went on to analyze the situation.

It talked about the profitability of GTA V on PC. Then it had a paragraph on the expenses and challenges of bringing a game like this to PC and mentioned a few PC only features. The next paragraph described how Rockstar had handled previous launches.

I only copied one sentence from the conclusion paragraph. The whole thing was very impressive.

I expect they can't wait to release GTA 6 online and have all the new payments for things people already owned in the previous version. All those new microstransactions don't buy themselves.

So as many platforms as possible right away. Have to exploit that hype train for as long as it lasts... normally one month after launch is when people wake up and realise its all not flowers and rainbows.

I really think theyll have it close to day and date. The old game was developed for PS3 and Xbox 360, and development started during a lull in the popularity of PC gaming.

I assume its much easier to port games one way or the other now because of the architecture between consoles and PC's being more similar, and I also assume they wont want to miss out on the market that was responsible for around and third of their total lifetime game sales that is much more popular now.

Lot of assuming, but thats what we're here for :)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts