Solved Performance suggestions..

Do you think I've planned the upgrade right?

• Yes.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nope.

• It could be better.

• Total voters
Jun 12, 2020
Visit site
Hi I'm new to the forum, needed some information about my PC upgrade planning...
Currently my specifications are:
Processor: i3-4150 3.5Ghz
Graphics: Nvidia Geforce GT 520 4gb
Ram: 4 gb
Assuming 720p monitor..

I'm planning to upgrade my graphics and ram so i can play some more games like GTA V, etc..
Actually not worried about Ultra or High graphics while ingame
I'd just want those games to run so i can play them for fun...

So my plan goes..
Processor: i3-4150 3.5Ghz
Graphics: Nvidia Geforce GT 1030
Ram: 8/12/16 gb depending upon budget. (min 8 for sure)
Not changing the monitor.. as again not considered about looks .. just a little good fps and more playable games..

This would cost me around Rs10-12k.
So.. would these upgrades help me boost my computer enough to play such games while staying in budget??
Suggestions are most welcome...
Thanks to read all of this!!

Inspireless Llama

Community Contributor
What is the total budget you have available, and what resolution / refresh rate are your current monitor?

Also, what kind of games do you want to play? A game like Prison Architect will probably be less demanding than a game like GTA5 and therefore needs different hardware.

What is the full specification of your PC?

Use something like Speccy and post a screenshot (you can put the screenhot on imgur and link here for example)

Was it a prebuilt system? If so what is the model.

Don't buy a Geforce 1030 if you can possibly help it. It tends to be a very bad value graphics card, offering way less performance than a 1650 / 1050 ti / 1050, for not enough of a saving. And the DDR4 1030 versions should be avoided like the plague.

Jun 12, 2020
Visit site
What is the total budget you have available, and what resolution / refresh rate are your current monitor?

Also, what kind of games do you want to play? A game like Prison Architect will probably be less demanding than a game like GTA5 and therefore needs different hardware.

My current budget would be Rs 12-15k
Monitor resolution is 1440x900 and refresh rate is 60hz..
Games like GTA V, PUBG PC, Max Payne 3, Destiny 2, ARK:Survival Evolved, CSGO.. and maybe some other classics...

Jun 12, 2020
Visit site
What is the full specification of your PC?

Use something like Speccy and post a screenshot (you can put the screenhot on imgur and link here for example)

Was it a prebuilt system? If so what is the model.

Don't buy a Geforce 1030 if you can possibly help it. It tends to be a very bad value graphics card, offering way less performance than a 1650 / 1050 ti / 1050, for not enough of a saving. And the DDR4 1030 versions should be avoided like the plague.

View: https://imgur.com/a/wPckAYz

It wasn't prebuilt..
I am being worried about the bottleneck issues if going for a 1650/1050 ti with the i3-4150 and also their price range is higher so would have to opt for second hand purchase if i wish to according to budget..

Was wondering i3-4150 is quite slow and so thought 1030 would be best option to not have bottleneck issues... Am i wrong??

Am i wrong??
Fortunately, yes :) The i3 4150 is fine for an entry-level GPU like a GTX 1650.

It may occasionally hold back performance sometimes in some games, but you are still going to get a lot more out of a GTX 1650 than out of a GT 1030. Including in the games you mentioned.

The Geforce 1030 can struggle with 60fps on low settings in some games at 720p.

Have a look at this article:
The G4560 is quite like your CPU, in that it is a 2-core, 4-thread processor.

The GTX 1650 is around about the RX 570 level of performance. So they two will generally work very well together.

Reactions: Linpaws
Jun 12, 2020
Visit site
Fortunately, yes The i3 4150 is fine for an entry-level GPU like a GTX 1650.

It may occasionally hold back performance sometimes in some games, but you are still going to get a lot more out of a GTX 1650 than out of a GT 1030. Including in the games you mentioned.

The Geforce 1030 can struggle with 60fps on low settings in some games at 720p.

Have a look at this article:
The G4560 is quite like your CPU, in that it is a 2-core, 4-thread processor.

The GTX 1650 is around about the RX 570 level of performance. So they two will generally work very well together.
Thank you so much for correcting me.. Lets see what can I do about it depending on my budget and i also have another PC over here which i might want to upgrade.. I'll post about it also requesting for suggestions on upgrades!! Thank you very much!!

EDIT: I've posted another question asking for the suggestions on my other i7 PC

Here's the link to it.. Happy to hear your opinions..!!

Last edited:
Jun 12, 2020
Visit site
You'll also want to upgrade to Windows 10, which you can probably still do for free:

Since Windows 7 is not being patched any more.
Actually i have used windows 10 for a while and other OS also but they had given me fps and lag issues while playing csgo or even dota2.. so i've stuck myself to the windows 7 even if it isn't being patched..!! Thanks for the reply maybe I'll try using Windows 10 on another PC with maybe little better specs..!

Jun 12, 2020
Visit site
Windows 10 should not give performance problems. If it does, it's fixable.
Well the heart wants what it wants... Stuck to windows 7 for a long while and trust its capabilities much more than the windows 10... Will switch to windows 10 later if it is really necessary for some applications..!!

Jun 12, 2020
Visit site
Hackers target OSs that aren't supported by MS any more for malware.

So that's a bit like saying "I'll keep using this car; it's on fire, but I like it."
Known to that fact though I don't have anything much important on the PC so maybe i like the fire for the while😂 ghost rider!🔥

Jun 12, 2020
Visit site
Malware can affect other systems and devices on your network, and can also use your system to attack other people's systems.
Well i don't know much about the hardware but the software part, I'm pretty sure i won't let any malware/virus/trojan/worm get into my pc by any means.. Been using the computers since years and this years of experience makes us realize what are advertisements or fake setups on the internet which I won't be downloading. Hence as malware doesn't affect my system it won't attack other people. And my network only has my one PC connected to it so it's fine. ;)

Jun 12, 2020
Visit site
The only way your PC is genuinely safe is to take it completely offline tbh. Legit websites can get hacked to distribute malware, it's not just 'shady' sites or dodgy adverts
I'll look into upgrading to windows 10 soon and i wish they brought back the updates to windows 7.

TRENDING THREADS